Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Explanation fail. Which small, low, swoopy lined car is supposed to be which woman? The cars could be in one of those "Find the Differences" pictures.

Explanation fail. Which small, low, swoopy lined car is supposed to be which woman? The cars could be in one of those "Find the Differences" pictures.
In the end, I can't afford the ladies or the cars, so I'll have to be happy with looking at them. One of my favorite 'old dude' statements is;
I can't afford a trophy wife or a sports car for my midlife crisis, so I just drive real fast with a girlie magazine in the front seat.

Jim

Yeah, not the best angle to show the differences in the Cobras...

That said, the cars and the ladies are in the same relative places in the pics.

The car on the left of the pic is a Shelby built AC Cobra with a Ford 289ci V-8 engine, They were real screamers and put a whupin on the Ferraris and Jags at the race track.

The car on the right is also a Shelby Cobra, but a later version that had a 427ci Ford V-8. The grater weight and power required much wider wheels and tires and much wider, curvier (Dare I say more voluptuous????) bodywork to cover them.

The 289 version was more nimble and had much better handling and actually was usually quicker around a track than it's big breas... um, I mean big motored sister.

The 427 was the weapon of choice at the drag strip, but the 289 is what you wanted for a longer distance race. Read into that what you will...😉

e592073d5b566f710e5dc7d61d15b72aa142c9b0.jpeg

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...stations-two-weeks-salem-covid-19/2932779001/(Read through the article and find that the ban hasn't been total for quite some years.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-some-places-in-the-u-s-still-wont-let-you-pu-1846694716
Consider where the picture was taken.

I lived in Oregon for a little more than six months. In that time, I saw more gas spilled by the attendants than I've seen in way more than 40 years of pumping my own. And they tried to lose my gas cap twice. There were also many fewer gas stations and often lines with significant wait times to get served. It's a racket.

I lived in Oregon for a little more than six months. In that time, I saw more gas spilled by the attendants than I've seen in way more than 40 years of pumping my own. And they tried to lose my gas cap twice. There were also many fewer gas stations and often lines with significant wait times to get served. It's a racket.
I lived in New Jersey for the majority of my life and still visit often. I've occasionally seen gas spilled but no more anywhere than anywhere else, have to wait in line no more often that I have to wait to pump my own, don't have to leave the comfort of my car, and still pay the lowest average price of any state in the region. I don't know what's wrong in Oregon, but I consider the other 48 states to be suckers.

I lived in New Jersey for the majority of my life and still visit often. I've occasionally seen gas spilled but no more anywhere than anywhere else, have to wait in line no more often that I have to wait to pump my own, don't have to leave the comfort of my car, and still pay the lowest average price of any state in the region. I don't know what's wrong in Oregon, but I consider the other 48 states to be suckers.
As a lifelong New Jerseyan I concur.

The point would be better illustrated if the car pictures were on top.
What's the difference between these two Cobras? Displacement:

View attachment 465008

Back to your original programming...
I get to stare at this picture every time I use the restroom at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. Needless to say, I always have to use the restroom there.

Back