Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duuude....
If you can successfully peel a couple of those labels off of some bottles, I'll immortalize them on my rocket... :cool::cool:
I'll pay the shipping!
Let me look around at the local stores.

That photo is 10 years old and Bear Republic Brewing may no longer have that beer in the line up.

I’ll get back to you.

Edit:

www.BearRepublic.com

Red Rocket Ale is in their Legacy Series.

They do mailorder.

Drop them a line and tell them you want some labels for your ROCKET.

Pretty sure they’d oblige.

OK, but what's the rocket in the background? Bigger, heavier walled bird than I'm used to seeing with ring fins.
That’s one of my oldest tube fins.

Built it from scratch using a Larry Brand article I found on Rocket Reviews back in 2010(?) maybe. I flew it several times this year before the virus kicked in.

B42AAB49-61C0-4885-BEBB-945190C7D2CB.jpeg

Boosting on a G77RL

I saw him at our last TRA SD launch ..he had a great day flying !

Kenny
Please give him my regards.

I have built many of his tube fin rockets and older club members are usually surprised when I show up at local launches with conventional rockets.

Larry will always be the Tube Daddy to me as well.

I saw him at our last TRA SD launch ..he had a great day flying !

Kenny
Please give him my regards.
I have built many of his tube fin rockets.
Larry will always be the Tube Daddy to me as well.
I'm serious when I say, could you give him my contact info? I'd like to send him details of my very best iteration on his theme and ask permission to formally name it after him before I publish it.

106087788_10224393682808314_484778445295931101_o.jpg

Okay, after I quit laughing enough to be able to see again, I got a bit curious. So lessee...

Assume 28" tires, that comes out to 7.33 feet per revolution and 7.33 goes into 5280 about 720.33 times, so 720 revs per mile.

Now assume a speed of four minutes per mile (15 mph) and 4.11 gears in the old rear end and you get...

(Mumble, mumble, carry the three, mumble...)

...a seat rotation of 740 rpm at 15 mph.

Yipes.

Okay, after I quit laughing enough to be able to see again, I got a bit curious. So lessee...

Assume 28" tires, that comes out to 7.33 feet per revolution and 7.33 goes into 5280 about 720.33 times, so 720 revs per mile.

Now assume a speed of four minutes per mile (15 mph) and 4.11 gears in the old rear end and you get...

(Mumble, mumble, carry the three, mumble...)

...a seat rotation of 740 rpm at 15 mph.

Yipes.

But 4.1 wasn't really common in an axle that light. I'd venture to guess it's closer to 3.5 or even 2.73... But still :eek::eek::sick::barf:🤮🤑

Back