Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80734089_3430881636952887_8494157706062462976_n.jpg

Em... not to amplify the political aspect of this but as Tony Micelli would say: "Ay-oh! Oh-ay! ... it's not about solving a crisis, it's about better efficiency!"

tesla-model-x-drag-race.jpg
And as a politically neutral scientist kind of person who likes all kinds of funky cars and knows that coal-to-electric cars ARE INDEED more efficient than ICE's, that shot above DOES put a smile on my face! :eek::D:):p;)

Last edited:
Any links to show a vid of the race? I'd like to see that.
I'm a firm believer in POWER!!!
I don't care if it comes from petrol, electric, coal or cow farts!!!
I like power...and videos!!!! ;)

Any links to show a vid of the race? I'd like to see that.
I'm a firm believer in POWER!!!
I don't care if it comes from petrol, electric, coal or cow farts!!!
I like power...and videos!!!! ;)
Not that one in particular, but this channel has plenty of similar drag races. Lots of fun:
Not to tip the scale to one channel in particular, here are a few more:

Sorry no more "pics that make you LOL" at the moment.

Edited to consider following post by snrkl.

Last edited:
81879991_10156543211160759_6067251246790606848_n.jpg

I genuinely guffawed with this pic. I could just imagine a SNL skit, or one of those prank video groups doing something like that, except adding a glow, sound effects for the splash and the final shake, and when you zip up, the deactivation sound.

I just love the way some people say that electric cars have zero emission and they feel better about their emissions. They have really only just moved them to somebody else's backyard.

Yup. The batteries in those contain toxic chemicals that can't be recycled or reused and they have a limited number of "recharges" before they must be replaced. The cost is comparable to putting a new gas motor in a car.

Also, the electricity must be generated somewhere. The cost to recharge the batteries will also vary a lot, depending on what time of day it's done. Recharge at peak use time (for example at rush hour when your battery is dead and you want to drive home?) can cost 3 or 4 times as much as at a low use time.

Don't take my word for it, do your own research. "Dirty secrets about electric cars."

Back