Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

I've driven a similar road! We were joking about how many bounces before we landed in the river if we went over the edge. Then we got to no bounces, other side of the river. :oops: There were places the road was on top of logs pegged into the side of the cliff, and suspension bridges that weren't connected at either end. When the car went over the 6" gap, a nice gravity wave rolled down the bridge deck.

I've driven a similar road! We were joking about how many bounces before we landed in the river if we went over the edge. Then we got to no bounces, other side of the river. :oops: There were places the road was on top of logs pegged into the side of the cliff, and suspension bridges that weren't connected at either end. When the car went over the 6" gap, a nice gravity wave rolled down the bridge deck.
I actually got stressed out just reading that. :eek:

Nopeland? It looks just like the 'highways' going to Silverton, CO. Need to clean out your cardiovascular system? That's just the road for the job.

Jim
Ahhh, Red Mountain Pass......love it! Especially riding my road bike at speed - yeehaw! By far the most freaked out I've ever driven it was in snowy/slushy conditions pulling a trailer....that was fun.

s6

This appeared in our newspaper:
neu_zittau_sheep.jpg

It gets better. I have a cousin in Neu Zittau so I sent him a copy of this, and duly got the full story. The sheep was caught and sent to an animal welfare centre, and the owner found the sheep on the centre's Facebook page before she even realised it was missing.

So then my cousin wrote to the local newspaper, which duly published its own follow-up article saying that one of its readers had reported a seven-line version of the story appearing in an Edinburgh newspaper. The article then went on to say "Therefore the sheep even made it to Scotland, so to speak. But fortunately, only so to speak. They have enough sheep there. Speedy is staying in Neu Zittau."

This appeared in our newspaper:
View attachment 389688

It gets better. I have a cousin in Neu Zittau so I sent him a copy of this, and duly got the full story. The sheep was caught and sent to an animal welfare centre, and the owner found the sheep on the centre's Facebook page before she even realised it was missing.

So then my cousin wrote to the local newspaper, which duly published its own follow-up article saying that one of its readers had reported a seven-line version of the story appearing in an Edinburgh newspaper. The article then went on to say "Therefore the sheep even made it to Scotland, so to speak. But fortunately, only so to speak. They have enough sheep there. Speedy is staying in Neu Zittau."
Would make for a cute animated meme. "The Incredible Hulk running amok!" with a clip of the Hulk smashing things. "Godzilla running amok!" Ditto. "Sheep running amok!" with Speedy gently going up a flight of steps in a building. :D

Other metric users: Almost everyone involved in every facet of engineering and manufacturing.

We've reached a point where the only people still using SAE/Imperial are people restoring old cars, tractors, and industrial equipment. It's a legacy thing like COBOL, FORTRAN, or Netware. Dinosaurs. If you're not thinking in metric these days you must have one foot in the grave...both literally and professionall
Other metric users: Almost everyone involved in every facet of engineering and manufacturing.

We've reached a point where the only people still using SAE/Imperial are people restoring old cars, tractors, and industrial equipment. It's a legacy thing like COBOL, FORTRAN, or Netware. Dinosaurs. If you're not thinking in metric these days you must have one foot in the grave...both literally and professionally.
Hey, don't knock FORTRAN! Following up on @thequick's post, where the Canadians approximated Fahrenheit by doubling Celsius and adding thirty, here is a BAD FORTRAN program to compare the approximation to the actual values. You're welcome
fortran.png

Back