Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, following the release of several blockbuster movies, John Travolta starred in "Urban Cowboy" which, although a passably decent movie, failed miserably at the box office. In post failure marketing analysis, it is now widely understood that the movie's failure was because Travolta's many fans had no idea what "urban" meant and thus believed that the movie was a western of some kind.
Well, I guess that's Barbarino fans for you. (Also, I would estimate that it failed in part because it was only barely passably decent. Yes, I saw it. No, I don't remember much. Because it was bland and forgettable.)

Or, following the release of several blockbuster movies, John Travolta starred in "Urban Cowboy" which, although a passably decent movie, failed miserably at the box office. In post failure marketing analysis, it is now widely understood that the movie's failure was because Travolta's many fans had no idea what "urban" meant and thus believed that the movie was a western of some kind.
Then there's the famous case when A & W wanted to do McDonald's one better by introducing a 1/3 pounder burger for the same price as the quarter pounder. Even though it did great in blind taste tests, people "cleverly" concluded that there was an attempt to overcharge them, since obviously 3 is less than 4. Therefore, it didn't sell. McDonald's also tried a 1/3 pounder and got similar results.

One of Heinlein's better ideas (I thought, anyways) was to give potential voters a quiz. if they passed, the ballot box would open. If not, then not.

Then there's the famous case when A & W wanted to do McDonald's one better by introducing a 1/3 pounder burger for the same price as the quarter pounder. Even though it did great in blind taste tests, people "cleverly" concluded that there was an attempt to overcharge them, since obviously 3 is less than 4. Therefore, it didn't sell. McDonald's also tried a 1/3 pounder and got similar results.

One of Heinlein's better ideas (I thought, anyways) was to give potential voters a quiz. if they passed, the ballot box would open. If not, then not.
Many states used literacy tests to keep many African-Americans and immigrants from voting. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed literacy tests in most states, and Congress extended the band to all 50 states in 1970.

Many states used literacy tests to keep many African-Americans and immigrants from voting. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed literacy tests in most states, and Congress extended the band to all 50 states in 1970.
Very tough issue. Goal should obviously be to achieve literacy for every single American citizen. Given upwards of $150k is spent per student over the total years kindergarten thru 12th grade it is discouraging that we still graduate kids that can't read well.

Very tough issue. Goal should obviously be to achieve literacy for every single American citizen. Given upwards of $150k is spent per student over the total years kindergarten thru 12th grade it is discouraging that we still graduate kids that can't read well.
Well, you have kids is certain socio-economic situations that are not taught to value education, combined with teachers who earn about $5k a year and need to payoff a master's degree, overcrowded schools, and a federal department of education that essentially took power away from the states to do education the way they see fit for their own populace.

It is very sad, but there are certainly reasons.

Well, you have kids is certain socio-economic situations that are not taught to value education, combined with teachers who earn about $5k a year and need to payoff a master's degree, overcrowded schools, and a federal department of education that essentially took power away from the states to do education the way they see fit for their own populace.

Where in the U.S. are full time teachers being paid only $5k per year. That would be slave wages considering the hours.

I hate Crocs . . .

Crocs-Dimitri-Clog-Pleasures.png

Would you like fries with that?
D5zrW35X4AEQ6nV.jpg

For Star Wars Day.
D5uMz-eW0AMLByn.jpg

D5wjdFwW0AYzLpR.jpg

D5uxJesX4AI9FSQ.jpg

D5vpONwXoAAf0TC.jpg

Reload! (I hope they didn't succeed... imagine the kid getting stuck)
D5WZCecX4AAGtw3.jpg

D5WWRSzWAAEhM_u.jpg

Bar art.
D5RiIv4W4AUMAPT.jpg

Yeah, that's how it works.
D5ZXG9jW4AEuGzH.jpg

D5pPbESXkAAqwLJ.jpg

D5pJpXHWwAU89m0.jpg

Panoramic mode fails.
D5zYUZCXkAAudqC.jpg

Would you like fries with that?

For Star Wars Day.

Reload! (I hope they didn't succeed... imagine the kid getting stuck)

Bar art.

Yeah, that's how it works.
D5ZXG9jW4AEuGzH.jpg

Panoramic mode fails.

Boy she has long arms, or at least one long arm! Looks like a reverse elbow, too.

Back