Positive News Coverage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a good report. It's pretty rare to anything positive on the news these day so that was nice to see.

Ya beat me to it!..LOL...Just saw the report, posted on the SoAR Yahoo group! NICE coverage! And I know 2 of those dudes on the video! I know for certain one of them lurks here often! Brad(UncleVanya) and Charlie O.(not sure if he is on here or not)..Very cool report! :cool:

Our Fox affiliate featured us in live remotes on their morning show last summer (tied in with that silly movie about the flies hitching a ride on Apollo 11), but their reporter just couldn't be kept on-story, and I don't know that we got anything out of it.

I was very impressed with the story, and felt they did an excellent job at promoting a terrific hobby. To top it off, it happened right at our club field.

I thought it would be a 15 second blurb so I was surprised at the length. Great Job Fox Charlotte!

Very cool! It's nice to see something positive about the hobby make it out to the masses. I especially liked how he referred to the Cato as a "Malfunction" and not an "Explosion."

I remember we had a Fox affiliate come out to RocStock a few years back. They put together a pretty nice piece on us. We also had Popular Mechanics do a nice write up on high power rocketry. It's cool to see people you know and projects you're familiar with get above average publicity. :D

I've done many demos with the local media present, the latest being this past Labor Day weekend. Having something familiar or colorful ready to launch is a big plus. Always fly proven designs.
One of my TLP Scud Bs made the front page of a local paper and the 6 O'clock news on the local television. The model probably cost about $5 in materials to construct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back