Polly want a spanking?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
I'd love to hear a recording, but even if I found it, I couldn't post it here. If you find one, please PM.

Parrots removed from UK family safari park after teaching each other to swear - and laughing about it
'Because they were all quarantined together it meant that one room was just full of swearing birds'
29 SEP 2020

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/foul-mouthed-parrots-removed-uk-19015228
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...nshire-wildlife-park-swearing-parrots-4554933
A wildlife park has been forced to removed five newly adopted parrots from public display after they started swearing at customers.

Bosses at Lincolnshire Wildlife Park said they accepted the new flock of birds on August 15. And the group taught each other to swear while in quarantine together.

The park’s chief executive officer Steve Nichols said the naughty antics made the staff laugh, which only encouraged the birds even more.

But swift action had to be taken after the parrots began shouting profanities in front of guests - and then laughing about it.

He said: “For the last 25 years, we have always taken in parrots that have sometimes had a bit of blue language and we have really got used to that.

“Every now and then you’ll get one that swears and it’s always funny. We always find it very comical when they do swear at you.

“But, just by coincidence, we took in five in the same week and because they were all quarantined together it meant that one room was just full of swearing birds.

“The more they swear the more you usually laugh which then triggers them to swear again.

“But when you get four or five together that have learnt the swearing and naturally learnt the laughing so when one swears, one laughs and before you know it just got to be like an old working men’s’ club scenario where they are all just swearing and laughing.”

although he didnt swear - I had a friend in high school who had a Macow that sounded EXACTLY like his mom- You would knock on the front door and the bird would answer - Hello , " hey is Mark here ? " the bird would answer and say - Marks not home , And we would leave- often Mark got stuck at home because of that damn bird. This is long before cell phones kids, lol . Yeah Im old.

My dad drove a propane truck, and had customer with a parrot . When he would show up to refill their tank and knock on their door, the parrot would say "come in" exactly like the wife. He would go in, and no one was there (where we lived, doors weren't locked). Damn parrot!!

Back