Pollard elementary school, Plaistow, NH

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Held our annual model rocket launch at the Pollard Elementary School in Plaistow, NH

This is our 11th year where the entire 4th grade builds a rocket and then I am invited to help them fly!

When we first began this, I would deliver the build class with the kids while teaching the teachers how to do it themselves. From year 3 on, they build without me, but I still get to fly with them :)

Last year was our tenth, which would seem like a big thing.... But we were waiting for THIS year. Cuz this year we would witness our 1000th Pollard Elementary Rocket Scientist take to the skies! The winner (Taylor) was the 6th rocketeer in period 1. He and his family received a family 4-pack of tickets to Water Country (courtesy of FlisKits and Water Country of Portsmouth, NH) along with a plaque commemorating the event (the school got a duplicate plaque to hang at the school) and the school also received a 25% discount on next years order!

It was a great launch with one rocket hanging on the rod due to paint inside the lug. Other than that, every thing was picture perfect, even if the weather wasn't :)

Here is a photo from all 4 groups. I hope to have the photo album up this weekend.

Very keel :)

image-261894521.jpg

Nice! My office is in Plaistow, where do you do the school launches

Nice job. Flyin' with kids is as good a "Fountain of Youth" as I can think of. We had a couple of scout groups out last weekend; chaotic but in a good way. WOOSH, POP, SCREAMS OF DELIGHT !

Got the whole photo album up! The 1000th rocketeer can be found in the first of four albums (Mrs Vengren's class)

Enjoy!

image-893218625.jpg

Very cool :)

These kids are going to remember this for a very long time!

Krusty

I tell folks all the time, TEACH! Rocketry is my thing, but whatever floats yer boat.

When you teach a class like these, YOU remember it for a long time. These kids will remember THIS for a lifetime!

Back