POLL: scale decals: same design or same scale?

Hybrid GSE : Build or Buy?

• Buy

• Build

• Either Way

• Buy

• Build

• Either Way

Results are only viewable after voting.

astronboy

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I am putting together a group of scale decals for the A4 / V2. This rocket has been offered in several scales/sizes over the years. I am interested in finding out what you would prefer:

1) A decal set of one design, in several different scales (ie: BT50, BT55, BT60, BT80, BT101 all on one sheet.) This is how my current 'v2 pinup girl' set is offered.

2) A decal set of one scale, but different designs: All BT-55 scaled decals, 1 each of: operational V2 serial #s (for camo paint job) V2 pinup girl from US launch, tail art from several German launches (Frau im Mond, and the Witch), White Sands launch TF-1, operation SANDY, operation PUSHOVER, etc. Then another set of the same designs scaled for BT60, BT80, BT101.

Please poll away!!

astronboy

Reaction score
OK, I see that many have viewed this poll, but so far, no one has cast a vote.

To whet your appetite, here is a sample of some of the decal work so far. In the upper left is a WWII serial # set. This decal is based on a vintage photo of a V2, ready to be shipped for launch. The black letters and #s will be printed in white, and the areas that show as white will be clear. To the right of the serial #s is 'the Witch' tail art from German test rocket #3. The witch is almost complete, lacking only rocket exhaust. She will be a little over 1/2" tall on a BT-55 model. To the ricght of the witch is the American 'V-2 pinup' girl from the White Sands launch #3. Below is the lines set, and fin markings for US Test Flight 1 (TF-1). I plan on filling this page with V-2 markings, then offering the set in several scales.

Phred