Polish motors price list

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Duffy

Reaction score
The following price list for Polish-produced rocket motors appears on the website for the upcoming 2018 World Championships for Spacemodels:

https://www.spacemodels.pl/tsp-modelar-rocket-engines-list/

While these motors are not available here in the US, it's still an intriguing document, and the prices look like a steal. Having used a bunch of Euro motors in the past, I can share that the really cool ones are the little 10mm boogers. Once you go beyond C impulse, though, the reliability of European motors falls off dramatically. Many of the European flyers competing in the scale event now prefer to use Aerotech single-use motors instead of the domestic alternatives.

Again, these aren't available here in the US, but it is fun to see what others elsewhere can purchase.

James

Do thrust curve files exist?

Does anyone have information about the propellant they use?

I'm sure that the thrust curves are available from the manufacturer. As far as the propellant, the Euro manufacturers hold those cards pretty close to their vest for competitive reasons.

James

I'm sure that the thrust curves are available from the manufacturer. As far as the propellant, the Euro manufacturers hold those cards pretty close to their vest for competitive reasons.

James

I can't seem to find anything else online other than the link you provided. No reference to the company at all.

I can't seem to find anything else online other than the link you provided. No reference to the company at all.

The name of the company and an email address are located at the bottom of the price list.

James

Seems like a one-man operation, perhaps he can be contacted via his Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/witold.tendera.
Wonder why the odd sizes, 34mm, 20mm? And most have short delays. I'll be in Europe for the summer and would like to try his motors, if I could get them to fit my rockets.

My understanding is that many of the international vendors over the years have been one-man-show arrangements.

I used the Klima motors from Germany last year. They are great performers, but the largest is a D.

That A3-2 looks like a dandy engine for A BG and RG. (insert graphic lusting for a 2 second delay A motor here . . . )

I used the Klima motors from Germany last year. They are great performers, but the largest is a D.

Yea, but a D that hauls!

With that motor in cluster configuration you can fly some serious altitudes.

A few years back, I saw mention of specific foreign motors in a Sport Rocketry article of a foreign competition and emailed Sport Rocketry asking that they publish an article just about foreign motors. They said it was a great idea, but the ideal guy to write it (don't recall the name) was actually overseas at the time competing. Unless I somehow missed it, which I doubt, that article has never appeared.

Please email Sport Rocketry and request an article about foreign motors:

Thomas Beach
Editor, Sport Rocketry
[email protected]

The following price list for Polish-produced rocket motors appears on the website for the upcoming 2018 World Championships for Spacemodels:

https://www.spacemodels.pl/tsp-modelar-rocket-engines-list/

While these motors are not available here in the US, it's still an intriguing document, and the prices look like a steal. Having used a bunch of Euro motors in the past, I can share that the really cool ones are the little 10mm boogers. Once you go beyond C impulse, though, the reliability of European motors falls off dramatically. Many of the European flyers competing in the scale event now prefer to use Aerotech single-use motors instead of the domestic alternatives.

Again, these aren't available here in the US, but it is fun to see what others elsewhere can purchase.

James
James, I know this thread is 4 years old, but could you send me this listing?

Back