polecat V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobrogg

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

At Rocstock XX I talked myself into a Polecat 7.5 75mm V2 (I love it when I can do that). My question is, has any one build and flown this as a level 3? how did (or would) you modify it for duel deployment? I build a Rocksim file that I believe best represents this kit----let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Bob

Playing around with Rocksim I add an extra 20.5 in to the BT to make this the V3, looks cool and I might just do it.

You're right, I had forgotten about the long gun as the V3. I do recall something of a modified V2 being capable of reaching the US, never build but it was on the drawing board at the end of the war. Thanks for the links, I think the R-2 would be a great project.

The missile to reach America was the A9/A10. There are references to it on the Astronautix and Luftarchiv sites (the latter in German but with pictures). It wasn't going to be a stretched V2; the A9 was to be a modified V2 with strakes or wings, the A10 was to be a big, fat booster. (Von Braun had even bigger ideas. Look at the A9/A10/A11/A12. :D)

Another great source of information on V2 derivatives is Pete Alway's book "In The Shadow of the V2". Among other things, it has dimensioned drawings of the R-2, as well as colour schemes.

You know, I was thinking about the movie "Operation Crossbow" w/ George Peppard, that's were I got the idea about the extended range V2. Great WWII flick movie if you can find it on cable.

Back