Quantcast

Polecat Kit possible next build?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

AfterBurners

Reaction score
I've been looking over Polecat Kits and I'm impressed with what you get for your dollar. I like 4" Jayhawk. I always liked the Jayhawk. Such cool and unique looking rocket kit. What's nice is it fly's on 38s so it is affordable and I'm sure 29/240 and 360 can give it a nice push off the pad. Not sure, but I would definitely sim it first

I'm sure most of you guys have built some of these kits. How would you rate the quality of the parts?

Flyfalcons

Reaction score
Working on my first Polecat now. No problems with parts quality.

PokerJones

Reaction score
I found that the quality of the kit was excellent and very complete, everything fit together nicely with no modification. If you are unaware, the airframe comes pre-glassed so it is a bit porous and requires a lot of filler to get a nice smooth finish. I used a couple of coats of high build primer at first but ended up using bondo glazing putty to fill in the stubborn holes. All in all a great kit and they are a good bang for the buck.

20160225_110911.jpg

AfterBurners

Reaction score
I found that the quality of the kit was excellent and very complete, everything fit together nicely with no modification. If you are unaware, the airframe comes pre-glassed so it is a bit porous and requires a lot of filler to get a nice smooth finish. I used a couple of coats of high build primer at first but ended up using bondo glazing putty to fill in the stubborn holes. All in all a great kit and they are a good bang for the buck.

View attachment 303714
Thank you so much for the insight. I should invest in a sander