Polecat Aerospace is back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure speculation on my part, but maybe Madcow had to cut something loose after they purchased Aeropack? They didn’t seem to be pushing the Polecat line very hard anyway... 🤔:dontknow:

I love my 5.5 Fat Man. Actually just flew it this past weekend on a K550! And now it needs repairs for having a drag separation at burnout. Luckily it only suffered a shredded drogue and a big zipper.
BE477271-7D30-446B-A6CB-6890B1972C8E.jpeg
81C741F4-CB45-4D11-9E7E-A5DA8F191802.jpeg
32AA19BB-4E71-44E3-992F-784CBA1F5005.png

Maybe they can't get tubing. A lot of their rocket are OOS :(

I just hope that whoever owns PoleCat brand, also has custody of the legacy PC nose-cone molds.
Those tend to be pretty expensive to reproduce, and for low-volume large-diameter HP rockets, that can be a major obstacle to competitive pricing.

a

Last edited:
Yes it will! We are very exciting to be bringing back Polecat and we will be bringing back all the kit favorites. In the meantime follow us on Facebook @Polecat-Aerospace that’s way you can be up-to date with all that we are doing Thanks!

You should make a 1/2 scale Wocket for the new H13 . You could call it the "Pocket Wocket"

Yes, we are not owned by Madcow. My name is Daniel and I own a company called California Aerospace. We are currently in the process of launching our online store.

Congrats on acquiring Polecat from MadCow.
You came to the right place to advertise your new venture!

Consider sharing your plans on when you may start offering the kits for sale, and which ones you plan to prioritize for production first.
Many of us plan out large motor and HP rocket purchases well in advance, and adding your models to one's "I want" list will benefit your cash-flow !

:eggnog:

Has anyone received any updates on the progress of the new Polecat team? They haven't updated their Facebook page since July or sent any public progress reports on here...

LOC Precision has one. Fins lock into the centering rings for a very sturdy fin can. 54mm mmt, but comes with 38 and 29mm adapters. No glass wrap, but not needed. No nose weight is needed.
The polecat Goblin has a different shape to it though. The fins are trapezoidal and the body tube is short.

Has anyone received any updates on the progress of the new Polecat team? They haven't updated their Facebook page since July or sent any public progress reports on here...

I think this will go the way of Gorilla Motors - promises that vaporize to nothing.

I exchanged some messages with the new owners via Instagram back in July. At that time they said they were planning to go live with their website by August. I've sent a couple messages since but haven't received a response. Really hope they can pull it off though. Would be great to have some well priced LARGE rocket kits in the mix.

Fingers Crossed!

I'm curious why Madcow sold off Polecat in the first place. They seemed to have big plans for the brand when they originally acquired it - hinting that they were going to restart production on most rockets. Instead, it seems that they just sold off existing inventory and then sold the brand. Anybody have any other insight?

I'm curious why Madcow sold off Polecat in the first place. They seemed to have big plans for the brand when they originally acquired it - hinting that they were going to restart production on most rockets. Instead, it seems that they just sold off existing inventory and then sold the brand. Anybody have any other insight?
My guess is the COVID lockdowns were a major cause. California had many hobby related business shut down last year and they may have had to sell off part of the business off to restart production of the Madcow line. Just my guess.

My guess is they needed to free up cash to buy AeroPack.:rabbitdontknow:

I'm speculating here, but that was right around the time when MadCow started experiencing frequent FG tube availability constraints.
I don't believe they ever rolled their own tubes, so if they ran into issues with their supplier for the core product line, expanding it would have became the least of their priorities.

That, plus someone told me that the large diameter nose cone molds were not part of the Polecat brand's inventory, and recreating those can be fairly expensive.
:rabbitdontknow:

Back