Polecat Aerospace is back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to see the 15" Thunderstorm become available.

32199967316_99fd595101_b.jpg
Figured if any one had one, Steve would. Polecat made some large rocket kits at a very reasonable price. Probably more popular on the West Coast as Andy and then Jack would travel to several launches throughout the year. I used a 10" Polecat Thumper for my LevelIIthumper.jpg

Last edited:
Who owns/runs Polecat now? I do miss Jack coming to launches in PHX, he was always helpful with questions/flying stuff. I have an old school Polecat 5.5" fiberglassed cardboard Nike Smoke, that is built, going to paint the fins within the week.

I am SUPER excited. I truly miss my 5.5" Nike Smoke and may have to grab another one. It took several Ks and Ls before dying at the hands of a Loki I motor, haha.

I really hope they bring back the 5.5" Mosquito, too

Braden

Who owns/runs Polecat now? I do miss Jack coming to launches in PHX, he was always helpful with questions/flying stuff. I have an old school Polecat 5.5" fiberglassed cardboard Nike Smoke, that is built, going to paint the fins within the week.

Mad Cow

If I remember right, they had a 7.5" Nike Smoke. Man that would be a fun one (the 10" monster would be fun too as long as someone else is buying the motor :D).

Also my 5.5" BBII is pretty much my dream rocket so I'm happy to see it isn't an orphan anymore.

Wow. The Thumper and Thunderstorm are HUGE! Those are very cool. I’d have trouble storing something like that at my house, but maybe I could just move out of my house and live in the rocket.

I have the 10 inch Nike Smoke. It is a beast.

Fresh off my inbox, From Madcow:

"We are beginning to slowly ramp production on the Polecat Aerospace line and the first kits are ready to be sold. We started with the very popular 5.5" product line. We have the 5.5" Fat Man, the 5.5" Goblin, and the 5.5" Nike Smoke ready to ship. The Nike Smoke has options for either a 54mm or 75mm motor mount as well as Single Deploy or Dual Deploy.

They are on our website at https://www.madcowrocketry.com/polecat-aerospace/. "

So happy to see these great kits back in production.
Polecat is under new ownership and we will start kit production later this month. Please spread the word. Our website/online shop is still in development and will launch later this month.

I hope some of the more unusual ones re-surface. Kits like the Raven, Spike, etc. Nike Smokes are a dime a dozen. I think I have at least 6 originals
  • Woket
  • Spike
  • Raven
  • Skeeter
  • 4" Jayhawk
  • 5.5" Jayhawk

So you are an independent company now not owned by Mad cow?

Yes it will! We are very exciting to be bringing back Polecat and we will be bringing back all the kit favorites. In the meantime follow us on Facebook @Polecat-Aerospace that’s way you can be up-to date with all that we are doing Thanks!

Back