Polecat Aerospace is back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

AHansom

Reaction score
Hoping to see the 15" Thunderstorm become available.

Figured if any one had one, Steve would. Polecat made some large rocket kits at a very reasonable price. Probably more popular on the West Coast as Andy and then Jack would travel to several launches throughout the year. I used a 10" Polecat Thumper for my LevelII
thumper.jpg

Last edited:

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Ooo, I like that paint scheme. If I get a Thunderstorm, could I plagiarize? :cool:

Steven

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I want the Saturn V brought back.

mjstech

Reaction score
Who owns/runs Polecat now? I do miss Jack coming to launches in PHX, he was always helpful with questions/flying stuff. I have an old school Polecat 5.5" fiberglassed cardboard Nike Smoke, that is built, going to paint the fins within the week.

UPscaler

Reaction score
I am SUPER excited. I truly miss my 5.5" Nike Smoke and may have to grab another one. It took several Ks and Ls before dying at the hands of a Loki I motor, haha.

I really hope they bring back the 5.5" Mosquito, too

Braden

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Who owns/runs Polecat now? I do miss Jack coming to launches in PHX, he was always helpful with questions/flying stuff. I have an old school Polecat 5.5" fiberglassed cardboard Nike Smoke, that is built, going to paint the fins within the week.
Mad Cow

Flyfalcons

Reaction score
If I remember right, they had a 7.5" Nike Smoke. Man that would be a fun one (the 10" monster would be fun too as long as someone else is buying the motor :D).

Also my 5.5" BBII is pretty much my dream rocket so I'm happy to see it isn't an orphan anymore.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Their pershing 2 5.5" was great unique kit and a great flier.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I have a 5.5-inch thumper and want the 10.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Wow. The Thumper and Thunderstorm are HUGE! Those are very cool. I’d have trouble storing something like that at my house, but maybe I could just move out of my house and live in the rocket.
I have the 10 inch Nike Smoke. It is a beast.

Polecat Aerospace

Reaction score
Fresh off my inbox, From Madcow:

"We are beginning to slowly ramp production on the Polecat Aerospace line and the first kits are ready to be sold. We started with the very popular 5.5" product line. We have the 5.5" Fat Man, the 5.5" Goblin, and the 5.5" Nike Smoke ready to ship. The Nike Smoke has options for either a 54mm or 75mm motor mount as well as Single Deploy or Dual Deploy.

They are on our website at https://www.madcowrocketry.com/polecat-aerospace/. "

So happy to see these great kits back in production.
Polecat is under new ownership and we will start kit production later this month. Please spread the word. Our website/online shop is still in development and will launch later this month.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I hope some of the more unusual ones re-surface. Kits like the Raven, Spike, etc. Nike Smokes are a dime a dozen. I think I have at least 6 originals
  • Woket
  • Spike
  • Raven
  • Skeeter
  • 4" Jayhawk
  • 5.5" Jayhawk

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it will! We are very exciting to be bringing back Polecat and we will be bringing back all the kit favorites. In the meantime follow us on Facebook @Polecat-Aerospace that’s way you can be up-to date with all that we are doing Thanks!
So who are the new owners?

KenECoyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it will! We are very exciting to be bringing back Polecat and we will be bringing back all the kit favorites.
Woo hoo! One of my biggest rocketry regrets was not picking up the Wocket years back...had it in my cart several times, but figured it could wait. THANK YOU!!! :D

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So you are an independent company now not owned by Mad cow?

Yes it will! We are very exciting to be bringing back Polecat and we will be bringing back all the kit favorites. In the meantime follow us on Facebook @Polecat-Aerospace that’s way you can be up-to date with all that we are doing Thanks!