Polecat 5.5" Jayhawk - decals by Stickershock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Taylor

Reaction score
I just finished a Polecat Aerospace 5.5" Jayhawk. I did a few modifications from the kit and added the tunnel on the underside as well as the antenna on the sides. It's 71" long and has a 54mm motor mount. I did have to add 2.5lbs of weight in the nose to make it stable. Mark @ Stickershock did the great decals patterned after the Estes Pro Series Jayhawk. Great job Mark!!! First flight will be in two weeks.

Patrick

P1020934.JPG

P1020936.JPG

P1020949.JPG

P1020958.JPG

Patrick that looks real good. To bad I am going to miss the launch.

Dave

That looks very, very nice!

What motor(s) are you going to use?

Did you have enough room to put in an electronics bay?

What brand and color of paint did you use? I am limited to rattle can painting so my choices can be somewhat limited. Especially since I have stopped using Krylon.

That looks very, very nice!

What motor(s) are you going to use?

Did you have enough room to put in an electronics bay?

What brand and color of paint did you use? I am limited to rattle can painting so my choices can be somewhat limited. Especially since I have stopped using Krylon.

No e-bay. It will be motor ejection only. I am going to use a CTI 38mm 6 grain for the first flight, then on to a K550 for the second. I used rust-oleum orange for the paint. Then a clear coat over the top.

Nice, very nice! I built the 4" version and added some mods (engine spine etc) what a cool looking rocket !

Great looking job you did. (thank god I built mine during last summer ,all that sanding and filling of the fiberglass body and cone)
Guess the 5.5" Pershing II is out of the question until spring :mad:

NICE !!

Paul

Last edited:
No e-bay. It will be motor ejection only. I am going to use a CTI 38mm 6 grain for the first flight, then on to a K550 for the second. I used rust-oleum orange for the paint. Then a clear coat over the top.

Are you close enough to bring it to MDRA's Red Glare 8 in April? That would be a great field to launch it on.

That K550 should really make that 'Hawk haul the mail!!!!! Whoo hoooooo!!!:y:

Are you close enough to bring it to MDRA's Red Glare 8 in April? That would be a great field to launch it on.

That K550 should really make that 'Hawk haul the mail!!!!! Whoo hoooooo!!!:y:

No, I am in California. I am going to fly it @ LDRS though

Back