Pole Cat Aerospace

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I see Pole Cat Aerospace has a ad on this site. But when you click on it. It goes to Mad Cow and nothing is there. What's up with that?

On the Polecat Facebook page someone asked if there's any news.
One guy said the new owner might be busy with his other job and the Polecat business is on the back burner.
Somebody else said the owner might be having trouble sourcing the tubes.
Unless the owner or someone with direct information chimes in it's all speculation.

This keeps happening, and it is frustrating because I am dying to see those kits available again.

On the Polecat Facebook page someone asked if there's any news.
One guy said the new owner might be busy with his other job and the Polecat business is on the back burner.
Somebody else said the owner might be having trouble sourcing the tubes.
Unless the owner or someone with direct information chimes in it's all speculation.
Paper tubes should be no problem getting. Who would pay for the ad if it's a joke?

I have actually spoken with the folks in question. Apparently the small firm who did fiberglass work for Andy has bought the rights to produce and sell Polecat designs. I personally think this is a good thing as MadCow did not seem at all interested in the more unique Polecat designs. As of a month or so ago they were figuring out how to get things going. Perhaps the advertisement buy is just a way to remain visible or Madcow had bought advertising into the future and the forum is just delivering on what was paid for.

I have actually spoken with the folks in question. Apparently the small firm who did fiberglass work for Andy has bought the rights to produce and sell Polecat designs. I personally think this is a good thing as MadCow did not seem at all interested in the more unique Polecat designs. As of a month or so ago they were figuring out how to get things going. Perhaps the advertisement buy is just a way to remain visible or Madcow had bought advertising into the future and the forum is just delivering on what was paid for.
That makes sense.

Good afternoon. I'm excited to say that Polecat is ramping up production again! I have to say we are sorry for the delay in re-opening from when we initially announced in back in March. We ran into some issues on the production side, mainly because we want to re-open with as much inventory as we can. However, we want to thank everyone for their patience all these years! Our website is also almost ready and the link currently goes to the Madcow page but once it launches that will change. Thank you once again and we are working towards a end of July launch!

Good afternoon. I'm excited to say that Polecat is ramping up production again! I have to say we are sorry for the delay in re-opening from when we initially announced in back in March [...] mainly because we want to re-open with as much inventory as we can.

Ooohhhhhkaaaaay
So what models will you have in inventory when you re-open for business?

Good afternoon. I'm excited to say that Polecat is ramping up production again! I have to say we are sorry for the delay in re-opening from when we initially announced in back in March. We ran into some issues on the production side, mainly because we want to re-open with as much inventory as we can. However, we want to thank everyone for their patience all these years! Our website is also almost ready and the link currently goes to the Madcow page but once it launches that will change. Thank you once again and we are working towards a end of July launch!

Great news! Thanks for the update.

"Hello! You've reached the Vapourware Distribution Centre. If your hopes and dreams have been crushed looking for new Polecat Rocketry kits, press 5. If you believed the Rocket Gods would provide you in your hour of need, press 4. If you've cratered your Thumper Jr, press 3. If you've volunteered in the past to help Frank process kits to get them out to his adoring fans, press 2. If you have a fan boy sweatshirt from Polecat, press 1. If you believe in a big yellow truck, press the number of times you've seen it at a launch this year.

Only to those that can smell them. I am one of those who can't.
Must be nice. I had an office in the bottom of the El Tovar hotel on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Skunks would get in the basement level and be surprised by a random worker. I would have to work somewhere else for at least two days util the smell abated. Violently reactive to that smell.

Back