Point Me To Connor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
I understand he assembles Eggtimer products on the cheap. I'm going to need two to three products assembled in the very near future. Any help pointing him out would be appreciated.

Well that sucks. My hands aren't steady enough to solder such small components. I'll see what he says.

I'll be interested to hear what you learn.....as I have an aging Eggfinder starter set kit that needs assembly....

My understanding is that he went off to college and is inundated with books and girls. :grin: Maybe he'll come back to us after he graduates and gets a job.

My understanding is that he went off to college and is inundated with books and girls. :grin: Maybe he'll come back to us after he graduates and gets a job.

The site looks active. Maybe the OP can email him and inquire. I went off to college and studied my a-- off to get into graduate school. No time for girls and there weren't many at the college I went to only went co-ed 5 years before I started.
Kurt

I'm not sure if he still in full production, but he did say he could help me out with the assembly.

Sorry I'm not very active in here anymore but I'm stil going strong assembling people's electronics. I'll shoot you a pm with the vesta way to contact me in the future!

I'm not willing to sacrifice an Eggfinder, but should I chance sacrificing a Quark just to see if I can pull it off?

I got a quark and quantum. Never soldered before and everything works fine. I did practice on a sparkfun kit first. Not really that hard as long as you go slow. Definitely give it a try.

I'm not willing to sacrifice an Eggfinder, but should I chance sacrificing a Quark just to see if I can pull it off?

To be honest the eggfinder will be much easier to assemble for a newbie than a quark will be due to the size and proximity of the parts on it. Just a heads up :)

To be honest the eggfinder will be much easier to assemble for a newbie than a quark will be due to the size and proximity of the parts on it. Just a heads up :)

I just worry about the cost of I screw it up.

Also, I was browsing the details of the Eggfinder. I see a Tx and an Rx. I think I get it. The Tx is the actual Eggfinder and the Rx is just a receiver that plugs into a laptop. So no matter which receiver I use, there's only one Tx. Am I right in my understanding of this?

I just worry about the cost of I screw it up.

Also, I was browsing the details of the Eggfinder. I see a Tx and an Rx. I think I get it. The Tx is the actual Eggfinder and the Rx is just a receiver that plugs into a laptop. So no matter which receiver I use, there's only one Tx. Am I right in my understanding of this?

Yes, however we have two receiver models. The RX "dongle" receiver is the one that you mentioned, it plugs into a laptop (although some people have adapted it to interface with an Android via Bluetooth). The other is the LCD receiver, which I strongly recommend because it is MUCH easier to use... you get the coordinates right on the display, no laptop needed. You just plug the coordinates into your smartphone, tablet, or Garmin, and tell it to take you there. You can also use that one with a Bluetooth module too, in fact it has a header and a space on the board for it. About 90% of our receiver sales are now the LCD model, and most of the RX's are to schools where they are typically doing telemetry collection and analysis vs. just going out to retrieve the rocket.

^^ What Cris said. You want the Tx + LCD.

The Rx sends actual telemetry? There could be something to that after all. Might be a reason to have an Rx around just in case.

The Rx sends actual telemetry? There could be something to that after all. Might be a reason to have an Rx around just in case.

You need a blue tooth module which you can get on ebay or amazon for about $5 and can then interface to an Andriod device.

Last you heard from who? Connor? Did you send the components off to him?

Good to know. I'm ordering my Eggfinder next week and I need to ship it off to him afterwards.

Good to know. I'm ordering my Eggfinder next week and I need to ship it off to him afterwards.

I bet he will whip it off quickly if tests are not lurking. The v2 version of the EggFinder is easier to build than the first one. I believe Connor has the proper equipment and he can build in record time. I bet he sorts out the components so he can get at them and has the build sequences memorized by now for all the products. I think the only thing that takes him time is the complete build and fabrication of the LCD unit for which I believe the price he charges is fair after I've built
two of them myself. I did mine vertically instead of horizontally and the other one in a Black Aero case. I like the Black Aero case as I can wear it on my neck and keep my hands free to hold my tablet and aim the patch antenna. Kurt

Back