• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Point 39 (Earl Cagle Jr.) videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ_Ron

Reaction score
Hey all... I'm looking to replace a collection I'd lost several years ago... Anyone have any of the Point 39 Productions VHS tapes, or DVD's. I know Earl didn't do DVD's until
very late in the game, but I'd like to put together the whole collection. I really liked the way he put his videos together.

Thanks!

Ron

I have several on VHS. Not for sale. But I’d collaborate with anyone who wants to put them up on their YouTube etc providing no objections from Mr Cagle. He is active at YORF.

Whoa. Ron, now there's a name I've not heard for a while! And I don't mean Earl's.

I have several on VHS. Not for sale. But I’d collaborate with anyone who wants to put them up on their YouTube etc providing no objections from Mr Cagle. He is active at YORF.
I would love to see these too! When I started with my club we would have a Christmas party and watch whatever Earl made that year...good memories!

J Blatz (Jason, I'm assuming... We've talked on the phone eons ago!)
I messaged Earl and asked about putting the videos on YouTube... He said he'd rather not have them up there.
He said he has the original masters and is planning on re-releasing them on DVD in the future.
Hopefully I've lit a fire under him as I originally message him a couple of weeks ago to see if he had them available.
In the meantime, I'll keep looking/hoping someone will have some they're willing to part with.

Cheers!

Ron

Hello Ron. Remind me of your last name. It’s been a few lol.
Zeppin... We discussed using the RMS+ delay system in the KBA motors... I was Frank's sounding board for a few years back then.
It seems like it was eons ago, but I'm guessing it was probably 2000... so yea, a few! ;)

J Blatz (Jason, I'm assuming... We've talked on the phone eons ago!)
I messaged Earl and asked about putting the videos on YouTube... He said he'd rather not have them up there.
He said he has the original masters and is planning on re-releasing them on DVD in the future.
Hopefully I've lit a fire under him as I originally message him a couple of weeks ago to see if he had them available.
In the meantime, I'll keep looking/hoping someone will have some they're willing to part with.

Cheers!

Ron

well dang it, tell him to get busy, I'm sure he could sell quite a few

Yes, I too think he could sell sell quite a few. I've got some of his VHS tapes in a box somewhere and nothing to play them on.

Brad

Earl asked that people not duplicate (equals putting on Youtube) his videos on the videos themselves. I have the full set that I'll sell for a price. Maybe I should offer them on Ebay.

Ahh ok. Did you also fly a V2 at LDRS 2000 that was, uh, unforgettable?

Also, my condolences for being Frank’s sounding board. I loved that guy but man he could talk forever.

Zeppin... We discussed using the RMS+ delay system in the KBA motors... I was Frank's sounding board for a few years back then.
It seems like it was eons ago, but I'm guessing it was probably 2000... so yea, a few! ;)

Ron, I have a good number of Earl's VHS tapes, unfortunately still stored back in Canada, Let me know if you'd like me to get back to you when I'm able to take them home (I'm a transplanted Canadian, now living in IN).

Jason... Nope, never flown a V2... I did my L3 at Jean for LDRS 2007 on a 16" upscaled BSD Diablo.
I really liked Frank... He was an acquired taste to be sure, but we had a great relationship. Really miss him!

ZEDL1, definitely keep me in mind... I've found a few of them so far, but when you can, let me know what you have please.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I have some videos from Point 39. When I get home tonight I'll make a list and get the info to you. You are welcome to them.
By the way, if you know where to pick up a Cambridge Avionics IA-X96 Altimeter, give me a shout!

Jason... Nope, never flown a V2... I did my L3 at Jean for LDRS 2007 on a 16" upscaled BSD Diablo.
I really liked Frank... He was an acquired taste to be sure, but we had a great relationship. Really miss him!

ZEDL1, definitely keep me in mind... I've found a few of them so far, but when you can, let me know what you have please.

Ron

I remember your L3 flight ...in fact I think James and I also built you an o motor for that thing you flew later.

Hi Ron,
I have some videos from Point 39. When I get home tonight I'll make a list and get the info to you. You are welcome to them.
By the way, if you know where to pick up a Cambridge Avionics IA-X96 Altimeter, give me a shout!
That'd be awesome, thanks!
I don't have any IAX-96's any longer... I do still have the software, but that's it.
If I come across anybody with one, I'll ask if they're interested in parting with it. ;)

Ron

Back