pnc-50 w/canards

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stymye

Reaction score
I stumbled across some estes pnc-50 nose cones with 2 small canard wings and a cockpit hump molded in.

can anyone tell me what kit these nose cones came from?

Your right Jase and thanks.

Since posting, I found the cone is also on the Nemisis and the Spitfire SSI from the Mega Maxx starter set.

I'm setting these aside for my Transglobal Interceptor clone.

I positive that this nose cone is from the Estes Spitrire kit which is sold is a combo started pack. The set included the Spitfire and the Golliath rocket kits. This nose cone is one of my favorites. The particular nose cone part number I do not have.

https://a2zhobbies.com/pichtml/Est1474.html

#1474 Mega Maxx - E2X/Beta Starter Set - Recovery 18 in. chute - Goliath- 28 inches. Spitfire- 16.25 inches - Altitude- Goliath 500 ft./Spitfire 900 ft. - Rec. Engines Goliath B4-2, B4-4, B6-2, B6-4, C6-5 - Spitfire A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7

:)

James Pierson Manager
Rocketry Preservation Society
https://groups.msn.com/ROCKETRYPRESERVATIONSOCIETY/_whatsnew.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

FYI, the Mega Maxx starter kit is a perfect kit to get a kid with no modeling experience. The Goliath is very easy to build, impossible to mess up, and can be built in an hour or two even by a beginning modeler. It's a good confidence builder and flies very well on almost any 18mm motor.

The Spitfire has balsa fins and the two wing fins are assembled by gluing 2 pieces of balsa together flat. It's a great rocket to move up to after your kid has gotten a successful flight or two out of the Goliath and is ready to learn new skills.

Besides, it's a killer nosecone and the one I got my kid came with an extra. Hmmm...that Star Rider looks kinda cool.... :D

styme,

So...how many did you "stumble" upon? ...hummmmmm?

Might look good on the Transglobal Int.

I still have to post the plans someplace.

sandman

Sandman,I got them from hobbylinc.
I only have 2, but I'd like to get some more for scratch build projects.

Originally posted by stymye
Sandman,I got them from hobbylinc.
I only have 2, but I'd like to get some more for scratch build projects.

Stymye,

Did you just order the PNC50 nosecone 5-pack or are they sold individually? I'm at the site looking at the building supplies and can't seem to find the aircraft style nosecone you have.

Eugenefl,
Yes, they came with the bt-50 five pack,although this is the first time I got this particular mixture of cones in that set.
I plan on sending a note with my order next time, asking for the same set .You might want to do the same,If you make an order.
and let us know how it goes.

Back