PML Copulars

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solrules

Reaction score
Well, I got a PML 3" copular section to complete my Black Brant II (update on that soon, its coming along!). Turns out, my Giant Leap 3" tubing (which is supposeed to be the same as PML, no?) was very strange. On one end of the tube, the ID was 2.988, and on the other it was 2.976! Quite a big difference! Also, the PML copular was super tight (read: I sanded A LOT!) in both ends of the tube. Now, I feel as if I have sanded the first layer of phonealic (sp.) off, and am at the cardboard, and it will fit inside one ond of the body tube.

Let's add one more weird thing to the mix. I have a copular here from GL, and that is very loose in the body tube section (like PML copulars were/still are)

Anyway, my question is: is PML making copulars tighter than they used to, or is my body tube weird/bad/deformed/malnutritioned?

Solomon,
This post made me laugh out loud. I don't mean to come off as the grammar or spelling police but, it should be spelled coupler. The reason I was laughing was how it sounded to me. Look up the definition of copulate then reread the post. Tight fit? Super Tight? Sanded!? Malnutritioned? I really need to get a life but, I am easily amused. :D

Originally posted by MarkABrown
Solomon,
This post made me laugh out loud. I don't mean to come off as the grammar or spelling police but, it should be spelled coupler. The reason I was laughing was how it sounded to me. Look up the definition of copulate then reread the post. Tight fit? Super Tight? Sanded!? Malnutritioned? I really need to get a life but, I am easily amused. :D

Mark, I think you just said exactly what I was thinking but was too afraid to say myself! I did show my wife the original post and we chuckled a bit together (after I explained some of the terminology - she's not a rocketeer).

WW:p

Originally posted by MarkABrown
Solomon,
Look up the definition of copulate then reread the post. Tight fit? Super Tight? Sanded!? Malnutritioned? I really need to get a life but, I am easily amused.

Hehehe....I meant it to be a half joke / half legit question, however I can't sem too speel corectley. wee ned teh speeling chek bak! Or I could not be lazy and actually spell it right in the first place.

Hmm.....Edit -> Replace -> couplar -> coupler

To tell you the truth, I don't think spell check woulda picked that one up;)

It checks individual letters, not sentence meanings.

So it woulda made it anyways, and gotten the same reaction;)

Back