PML CoPilot V 2.0 in a 38mm coupler?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
PML CoPilot V 2.0 in a 38mm coupler?

Anyone try fitting one of these in a 38mm PML coupler? It *almost* fits. Might have to shave off the tabs on the battery holder. Even though I could buy alts that would fit better I just hate to toss out perfectly good (even though its old) electronics. Just curious what others may have experienced with this setup.

It is a re-badged Missileworks, I think?

I think that's the case. It's old and it's huge compared to other altimeters. I'll post pictures next time I get a chance.

Edit: Here's a shot of it off the interwebs - pretty sure mine is the same thing:

CPv2WebpicBlackAnnot2.jpg

I sorta like the battery clamp, although I do not like the size and weight of the 9 volt battery itself.

Yeah one of these days I’m going to get a nice charger setup for a bunch of LiPo’s. One of those I haven’t gotten around to it yet sorta things

I hear that. If I somehow managed to live another 300 or so years I couldn't accomplish 1/2 of what I have "planned"..

I sorta like the battery clamp, although I do not like the size and weight of the 9 volt battery itself.

Yeah I do not have that battery clip so that leaves me with 2 options to retain it: Fabricate a new clip or tape the battery to the alt. I am leaning toward the former.

The more I play with this setup the less enthused I am in placing it in a minimum diameter 38mm rocket. I dug up an old HyperLoc 300 that needs a new paint job so I figure use this dinosaur alt in that dinosaur rocket. Already have a built alt bay so with some modification I ought to be able to easily use this co-pilot in there.

Back