plugged closure needed for electronic ejection?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
I've always used motor ejection but I have a Telemetrum and would like to try it for electronic ejection. Is it necessary to use a plugged forward closure with electronic ejection? Can't we just leave the ejection charge off the motor and use the standard closure?
Thanks,
Bill

I've always used motor ejection but I have a Telemetrum and would like to try it for electronic ejection. Is it necessary to use a plugged forward closure with electronic ejection? Can't we just leave the ejection charge off the motor and use the standard closure?
Thanks,
Bill

You can use the regular closures and if motor eject is no needed simply leave out the ejection charge, fill the podwer well with dog barf and cap or tape. Some fliers will also wipe grease on the delay grain face next to the ejection charge well to inhibit it.

+1 rharshberger.
If the delay time is greater than expected apogee you can also leave the delay at full length, add the charge and use it as a backup.

+1 rharshberger.
If the delay time is greater than expected apogee you can also leave the delay at full length, add the charge and use it as a backup.

This is a good practice if you can do it. Unfortunately, with skinny rockets and big motors, the delays tend to be a lot shorter than your burnout-to-apogee time.

This is a good practice if you can do it. Unfortunately, with skinny rockets and big motors, the delays tend to be a lot shorter than your burnout-to-apogee time.

That's the one. 14 second max delay, but it's 23+ seconds to apogee...

Back