Plastic Model Conversion Pictures?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gladiator1332

Reaction score
I am going to be doing some plastic model conversion projects soon, so I wanted to see some pictures of everyone else PMC rockets...photos of the build, some launch photos would be great!:) I don't own a digital camera, but I don't want to be unfair, I am asking you guys to post some pictures I think it is only fair if I post some myself, so for this build I am going to tkae some pictures with a normal camera and then when I go to get it developed I'll get the pictures put on a CD.

This is a pic of my first PMC, a DML 1/35 scale V2. A great first PMC. A BT60 tube fits almost exactly inside the plastic body tube. I used a 24mm MMT and it flies great on D12-5s. Ready to fly weight is 8 oz.

MetMan

Here's the inside of the nose cone. A TC60 tube couple is glued into the nose. The TC50 tube coupler is from the first incarnation when I used BT50 tube throughout with not enough shock cord. It took weeks to find both pieces of my elaborately camoflaged wartime V2. Rebuilt in White Sands colors...

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Any nose weight needed?

Sure--just add one 1/35 scale warhead! As with all V2s, they are nose heavy. Here's a Rocsim file I did--it needed about 1.5 oz of BBs in the nose.

This is a small heavy rocket. People often pick it up and ask what it's made of!

Best advise for anybody wanting to build one--use *A LOT* of shock cord. That's a little space inside for a D12 ejection charge so it's pretty violent...

MetMan

Back