Plastic bt60 nose cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawndartman

Reaction score
Ok, I give up. Where can I buy plastic bt60 nosecones? Like the 60AH? I find tons of balsa, I would like plastic.

Ok, I give up. Where can I buy plastic bt60 nosecones? Like the 60AH? I find tons of balsa, I would like plastic.

If you can't find 'em here, I'd try fleecebay. Another option would be to wait and see if the Super Alpha is included in the next Estes Sale and see if you can pick up some spare parts too.

Hobbylinc.com has the Estes ones as well as some sold by a company "sure fire". Pretty good parts from that company.

TR, none of those are the PNC-60AH though... you got a pair of PNC-60Ls and a pair of PNC-60NAs. The PNC-60AH is the nosecone used in the Citation Patriot, the Maxi Icarus, Der Red Max.

What I'd like to know is if those nosecones from Custom are the Estes PNC-60AHs or something else. I can't tell from the line drawings.

Why would anyone prefer the plastic nose cones? I always though Balsa wood nose cones were the preferred ones.
What am I missing here?

Why would anyone prefer the plastic nose cones? I always though Balsa wood nose cones were the preferred ones.
What am I missing here?

A lot of us are cloning our old rockets, and if the old rocket had a plastic part, the new rocket should have it too.

What am I missing here?

A million times easier to work with Plastic, especially if you are going to add nose weight.

+1. Much prefer plastic. It doesn't get "ejection smiles" like balsa.
Again, this is why I wish Estes would offer a wider selection of PNC's in bulk bags.

The ones I found at Custom are very close. I ordered two. They are for an old Rocket Pad kit.... Lark (an early day ship to air missile) I built the kit and a clone , one in 2X 18mm and a 24mm one. They both need alot of nose weight. The kit came with a plastic cone. I added some weight and some foam, but not enough. I will try and get it right this time. Those big foward fins make the Lark tough to get just right. The 2x18mm one, 2 estes 'C' motors were not enough. But 2x D24 were too much. So now we will try 2xD13 with around 2.5 oz. of nose weight. The 24mm one, a F24 was the ticket. But with just 2oz of weight. After around 8 flights on just the one cone, it is time for 2 new ones set up right. If anyone is interested, after I get the new cones, I will post a few shots of the builds and flight. This was a tough build. Tim

Second that. Have a couple of these three packs. One nose cone comes with a boat tail. One comes with a nozzle (for static display I think).
The nose cone and nozzle are the ones that come with the Estes ESAM kit. I built 2 of those kits- one stock with the nozzle and one slightly modified without the nozzle.

Back