Plaster Blaster 8 Moved

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketMonkey

Reaction score
Plaster Blaster, that so-cal rocketry gathering in the desert traditionally held the forst weekend of October has been bumped to the right by a month and will be held the first weekend in November. Good news you now have an extra month to complete your big projects!

Is this official? I heard some of the discussion at the last Plaster City launch but it's not yet posted on www.plasterblaster.com or tripolisandiego.org.

Thanks for the heads up!

is that official yet Scott? I was at the launch on Sat and there was talk but nothing official as far as I know.

Not that my opinion matters, but why? Also,makes it tough with Rocstock the following weekend, not that I would do both, but those who are independently wealthy may object. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Would the weather conditions be better with the later date? It seems like the oct date has pretty consistent high winds. One year I had to replace the windows in the van due to sandblasting and last year was really miserable. I love the event but the conditions test even my fanaticism ..... (not that it will stop me from coming) :)

Last edited:
I've only been there once, for NSL '05, is the wind normally a problem? Or is it seasonal. I can see how it makes sense to move it back if that is the case.

Yes, It's official.

Plaster Blaster 8 will be held Nov 6-8, 2009.

There will be a planning meeting Saturday May 23, 2009 in San Diego. If any one wishes to help with this most awesome event, PM me and I'll get you the details on the meeting site and time.

Bondo

Are there any Skidmark motors that are cerified for use in California yet? It would be cool to use one for the night launch. :)

Are there any Skidmark motors that are cerified for use in California yet? It would be cool to use one for the night launch. :)
The request (and cheque) went in some time ago. We should have received the paperwork by then.

Jeroen

It got moved due to Balls being held later this year. It will be bothersome for those who traditionally go to both PB and RocStock every year.

The personal bummer for me is the old dates were perfect with the Packers schedule. Now they conflict so I have to hope the game is nationally shown or I'll have to skip the final day of PB!

It got moved due to Balls being held later this year. It will be bothersome for those who traditionally go to both PB and RocStock every year.

The personal bummer for me is the old dates were perfect with the Packers schedule. Now they conflict so I have to hope the game is nationally shown or I'll have to skip the final day of PB!

Packers are on Sirius, nationwide (along with all other NFL teams). Reception at PB will be flawless.

https://www.sirius.com/servlet/Cont...Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1065475754246&team=grb

(No posted schedule at the moment because it is June, but the website will be ready for you when needed.)

Packers are on Sirius, nationwide (along with all other NFL teams). Reception at PB will be flawless.

https://www.sirius.com/servlet/Cont...Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1065475754246&team=grb

(No posted schedule at the moment because it is June, but the website will be ready for you when needed.)

That might be an option, though it involves buying a Sirius player and paying the subscription since there isn't gonna be an internet connection out out at Plaster Blaster.

I'll look into things a bit more as the season gets closer. At the moment I'm not overly worried about it as the game is towards the end of the season. Depending on how they're doing, I might not want to even see the game! =)

The request (and cheque) went in some time ago. We should have received the paperwork by then.
Jeroen
UPDATE: We received the CSFM approvals for the Skidmarks (and other motors). Look for a press release soon. (that was quick).

Jeroen

UPDATE: We received the CSFM approvals for the Skidmarks (and other motors). Look for a press release soon. (that was quick).

Jeroen

HOLY WOW! I never in a million years would have thought the CSFM would approve skidmarks here, given our state's propensity for burning down at least once every four years or so.

Looking forward to seeing them!

Now to get the impulse limit lifted..

Chris - word to the wise, give up on the Packers and stick with rockets!

(ducks)

Back