If you've perused the Scratch Built forum, you've probably seen one of neil_w's build threads. He has a real eye for design and his rockets are unique and interesting. His meticulous attention to detail and techniques make for quality build threads. When I saw his Plasma Dart II, I wanted to build one, but larger. I started drawing an upscale (about 2x) version in Rocksim and incorporated some of his earlier design variations (such as the fins). I also ran one tube size through both sides of the plasma core to simplify the arrangement somewhat. Someone once said, "Give me a fulcrum and lever long enough, and I can move the earth". Well, I say: give me enough filler and sandpaper, and I can fix anything. My building opportunities come in brief stolen moments, or late night binges, so I sometimes choose speed and quick results over quality and precision. But I do appreciate the work of a master craftsman yielding precision tools and using them well. I'm going to capitalize on neil_w's design work, however, don't expect the same results! Anyway, I started with a BT-80 based rocket (with 3.9" centering rings for the plasma cage) and a 29mm motor mount. However, the 29mm motors that have enough impulse for decent flights are mostly hard hitting, high thrust motors. I decided that this rocket was a much better candidate for 38mm motors, specifically some of the low thrust 1-grain options from Cessaroni like the G46, G50, and G58. Those motors seem to suit this rocket design much better. I prefer not to overbuild my rockets, instead I aim for "just right", or at least "enough". A lighter rocket accelerates faster, flies on lower thrust motors, and is more fun to build. Strength by design and care of assembly, not excessive epoxy fillets. I'm aiming for 16-24 oz dry weight. If it is lighter, it may even fly alright on a G25. My box of parts should arrive tomorrow, so it's a good time to kick off this build. This is going to be a fun one.