plans for my estes sale parts. Renegade, Sentinel.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterb

Reaction score
Two of my favorites are about to be recreated. One of my Vagabounds is about to become a Sentinel. I loved that rocket so much I upscaled to a BT 80 and down scaled to a BT50. I was going to though the wall it (fin breakage was a problem with the original) with the STM 12 tubes, but the fin count is different, So one of those tubes is going to become a Renegade.
I got the fin patterns from jimmy z site. Looks like the Sentinel is right size and the Renegade has a ruler next to it. I will have to calculate and add for the tabs.
on a related note, my friend Brian bought the Red Max the same day I got the Renegade back in 80's and noticed the max tube was the same length as the Renegade bottom tube and the fins are very similar. I know the noses are different but will use the slightly longer Sentinel nose for the Renegade.

Two of my favorites are about to be recreated. One of my Vagabounds is about to become a Sentinel. I loved that rocket so much I upscaled to a BT 80 and down scaled to a BT50. I was going to though the wall it (fin breakage was a problem with the original) with the STM 12 tubes, but the fin count is different, So one of those tubes is going to become a Renegade.
I got the fin patterns from jimmy z site. Looks like the Sentinel is right size and the Renegade has a ruler next to it. I will have to calculate and add for the tabs.
on a related note, my friend Brian bought the Red Max the same day I got the Renegade back in 80's and noticed the max tube was the same length as the Renegade bottom tube and the fins are very similar. I know the noses are different but will use the slightly longer Sentinel nose for the Renegade.

If you need fin dimensions for the Sentinel let me know as I have my original and can get pretty good measurements from the fins (its a built model).

the jimmyz scan has them at 3 1/2 for the leading edge of the rear fins. My memory thinks they are bigger.

the jimmyz scan has them at 3 1/2 for the leading edge of the rear fins. My memory thinks they are bigger.

I will check them tomorrow when I get home, but that number is about right as the Sentinel is a good sized rocket. I would do it this evening but I am working a 18 hour shift.

.... Or you could check out my .ork file...

26471712911_5af2a377c4_o.png

Your memory serves you well, the LE is actually 4.0" and the TE is 3.5", I didn't take a tip or root measurement.

I can do the math. Don't ask me to do quadratic equations but but I can scale fins. I saw practical uses for geometry and trig so I remembered them.

I can do the math. Don't ask me to do quadratic equations but but I can scale fins. I saw practical uses for geometry and trig so I remembered them.

I figured that you could scale the fins just fine. ☺
I usually make a plywood pattern of each type of fin in a kit, regretfully the strake type fin pattern for the Sentenel I can't find currently.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back