pizza fins?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
found an old slice of pizza...
i mean REALLY old...
i wonder if it's listed on the HPR Strength of Materials site...
looks like it'd make decent fins!
:D

maybe it's been done b4
heheh

What about the drag co-efficent for pepperoni? (thinly sliced of course!)

and the cheese? does that count as 'being glassed'?

I wonder how much the pizza would warm up at close to sonic speeds.....

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
Those designs should really cook!

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Can you create me the materials data for dried pasta?

also

How do you simulate wavy noodle edges or the ribs on the Maincotti?

Finally what about using ricotta as a mass object for nose weight?

This thread is starting to stink up the room like 3 week old pizza. hehe Actually, it's been quite funny to read through :D No bologna! :p

Now all you need is a hard-boiled egg for the transition, and the nose cone wrapped in lettuce, and you have yourself a meal! :D

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
What about the drag co-efficent for pepperoni? (thinly sliced of course!)

and the cheese? does that count as 'being glassed'?

Calculating the coefficient of drag would require determination of the type of pizza involved. Pie are round. Sicilian are square. The latter gives the maximum crust vector.

We can then calculate that the Area of Nearly Circular Hot food times the coefficient of Oral insertion equals the Velocity of disappearance.

A(NCH) * O = V

This, of course, requires using proper filets.

"The recipe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine." -- Albert Pientstein

For a truly gastro-educational experience, read "The Thermodynamics of Pizza" by Harold J. Morowitz. He tackles the age-old problem of why the piece is cool enough to pick up, but still so hot it burns your mouth. He does the real math. It won't prevent you from burning your mouth, but at least you'll know why. Real science, and real funny. Doing them together well is rare.

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
I would bet Limburger woudl be a better NC 'mass'. It also doubles as a tracking 'sent' for easier recovery..

Better yet, use the Limburger as a hybrid fuel grain. Make it smell like it sounds.

Bill

I've heard of hard salami as a hybrid grain... :D I bet melted, hardened pizza cheese would work too :D . Probably be similar to a smoky sam... :eek:

The cheeze would be too soft, stick with the pepperoni. Plus the smell of burned Limburger might be too much!

Still might belt too much, and hard to form a grain. Perperoni comes pre-formed. Eitherway, I guess you get a snack after the launch.

Ok now picture this...

Put the whole thing together, drop it on the pad , insert a motor and then.

...3...2...1...CATO

Could you imagine the mess?

A

Originally posted by DynaSoar
This, of course, requires using proper filets.

Can we stick to the meat & potatoes of this discussion, please? No one mentioned anything about using steaks on their rocket...

Thank you :D

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Ok now picture this...

...3...2...1...CATO

A

This gives a new meaning to the term 'safe distance'! :)

Originally posted by lalligood
Can we stick to the meat & potatoes of this discussion, please? No one mentioned anything about using steaks on their rocket...

Thank you :D

Hmmmmm...filets......

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Ok now picture this...

...3...2...1...CATO

A

This thread is just too rich. It gives new meaning to the phrase "fast food". And kilocalories.

Is there still time to add D Pizza Lofting for next year's Pink Book?

build a flying rocket from cr@p in the floor of the car...
that pizza woudl be worth bonus points, i'll tell ya!

Back