Pilots

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone on the Forum a Pilot?
If so, what do/can you fly? Heli, Prop, turbo prop, jet, # of engines?
Are familiar with a 1966 piper Comanche pa 30?
Or a MD DC-3, or other mid size cargo plane.
When was the last time you piloted?
What state and town do you live in?
Thank You Kindly for you support.

I'm I pilot. I fly a Beechcraft Premier Jet. A multi-engine turbojet. I also fly a Pilatus PC-12, a single engine turboprop.

I currently fly an airplane more than I drive a car.

I have about 12,000 hours.

I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Not a pilot, but on the other side of the microphone. Air Traffic Controller at Chicago Center.

I hold a commercial, multi-engine, instrument, land license...

Also certified to teach all of the above...

The Comanche is one of my favorites...

Too bad about the flood...

I have heard some old-timers compare it to the Mustang...

I can only compare it to a Beech Bonanza...

Kid :cool:

I am also a pilot.
ATP - Multi Engine Land
Commercial - Single engine land and sea, Helicopter
CFI, CFII, CFMEI
Currently flying a 1946 J-3 Cub as often as I can.
Cub is based at 1K1 (Benton, KS).
DSCN0222.jpg
This photo was taken on the Kloudbusters Rocket Pasture in Argonia, KS. It makes searching for rockets much easier!

I am also a pilot.
ATP - Multi Engine Land
Commercial - Single engine land and sea, Helicopter
CFI, CFII, CFMEI
Currently flying a 1946 J-3 Cub as often as I can.
Cub is based at 1K1 (Benton, KS).
View attachment 315299
This photo was taken on the Kloudbusters Rocket Pasture in Argonia, KS. It makes searching for rockets much easier!
Thanks for finding my Mustang! It died later last summer due to a blownout forward closure, but I got my JLCR and casing back ( both now hanging in a Mammoth ~80ft up ). Fins & NC are still with us, time for a comeback someday.

"Kid" what is a "land license"? Also, what flight school or FBO do you teach out of?

As in, none of those qualifications are for seaplane.

Me, ATP-MEL, CFI, CFII, MEI, Commercial-SEL and SES, 8,000 total time with around 1,800 on floats, four jet type ratings, the most recent and my current ride being a Phenom 300 for a rather large fractional aviation company. For fun I have a 1947 Stinson 108 taildragger that costs me waaaaaay more than renting does and I don't get to fly it as much as I'd like but I like it too much to let it go.

200 hours in Cessna 150/172 about ten years ago. Just got my 3rd class medical renewed and hope to get back in the air again soon. I learned how to fly in Wichita, mostly at Jabara and Augusta airports.

Aerial photo over downtown, Exploration Place and the river in the foreground, from some years ago.
Wichita_Skyline.jpg

Well, I have a license, but I haven't flown in over 12 years. About 600 hours, ASL, with instrument and commercial ratings. I did a lot of my flying with Civil Air Patrol.

Phil L.

Had a PPL, VFR only. About 175 hours, mostly in Cessna 150, 152 and 172. An hour's time in a Cub. About an hour's time in Jay Apt's V35 Bonanza. Loved it. Quit when the kids came along and never picked it back up. Still look up everytime I hear something flying overhead. Good times.

Glider pilot and private pilot in Canada. About 250 power hours and working hard to catch up in glider time :)

Back