Quantcast

Pictures in Posts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
I see two types of postings that involve pictures. The most common is in the attachment field. Sometimes there is a post which has the picture in the post itself. Question. how do you do it the latter way?

jetra2

Reaction score
You have to have your picture uploaded to a web server, then use the IMG button to link to the pic. This is what the code would look like, but I have changed the [ ] to ( ).

(IMG)http://www.geocities.com/three18mm/Estes_2.6_V-2.jpg(/IMG)

Now here is the same picture how it would look using the original code:

Hope this helps,

Jason

KenParker

Reaction score
You can include an actual picture in a post by doing the copy/paste function in Windows.

HOWEVER.... we're generally not very fond of this type of post, as it creates a post that is not very friendly to our dial-up users since it usually requires quite a bit of bandwidth to load that post (because of the picture contained within the post), and the dial-up user has no way of knowing in advance what is about to happen to them when they click on that post.

When you use the "attach" feature, dial-up users can choose to look at the picture, or bypass looking at the picture if they don't want to sit there and wait for it to load.

HTH

MarkABrown

Reaction score
First, you have to "Host" your picture on a website somewhere and be able to link to the URL. Second, when you are creating a new post, just above the box where you type the text for your message is the vB Code section. In the vB Code section, you'll see a button called "IMG". When you click that button, it will prompt you for the URL of your picture and then paste the code into the message text window below. That's all.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When you post a reply, look above the text box (left hand side says "Your Reply:", you'll see a bunch of options under "vB Code".

Here you can select "B" for bold text...."I" for italic text...etc. One of these vB options is "IMG". Click this box and a pop-up will open. Here you insert the http:// url to your picture. This will insert the picture into the text (not an attachment).

For this to work you have to have your pictures hosted on a separate site from TRF.com. Personally, I use www.photobucket.com.

I like the pictures posted in the text...but I also have a DSL connection.

What is the proper etiquette for this board? If the dial-up users would rather have attachments, I'll do it that way.

John

MarkABrown

Reaction score
Originally posted by KenParker
...When you use the "attach" feature, dial-up users can choose to look at the picture, or bypass looking at the picture if they don't want to sit there and wait for it to load...
Or, they have to set an option on their profile to NOT load embedded pictures. If they choose this option, then all embedded images show up as links.