Picture test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

TheRadiator

Reaction score
I haven't posted a pic in a while, lets see if this works....

Aerobee300

Reaction score
Looks like your pic came out pretty good !!!! Now that I know you know how to post pics ... well .... walk me through the process please !

Aerobee300

Reaction score
OK .... so I figured it out myself ... LMAO !!! The picture is my road rocket .... an 87 Pontiac Fiero ! I am VP of Classic Fiero Owners Group - International :)

www.cfogi.org

Aerobee300

Reaction score
lol .... GREAT looking Buick you have there !!! In addition to my Fiero I also own a 1956 Pontiac Chieftan 2 door Station wagon and a 1966 Bonneville.

Yes I'm a bonafide car guy ! It's like a sickness ... LMAO

DPatell

Reaction score
Ahhh...the Fiero...sure did live up to it's name;)

Lookin good!

Aerobee300

Reaction score
Thanks Dan !!! She'll be getting a heart transplant soon ! Gonna remove the 4 banger and put in a HOT V6 !

Justy

Reaction score
Got you all beat! 1975 Honda Civic 1200. Aaah, the EB2 engine, 1238cc of single overhead cam fun, running through a 4-speed manual transmission out through 12" wheels. It's a piece of garbage, it's got crap brown paint with cream-of-crap interior, it's rusting, it's a slug, its suspension is questionable... my car is my older brother in the family, I love it for all its faults.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with an old CVCC Honda. My younger brother used to have one. Got better mileage than my motorcycle....42mpg. Funny little car. Back when Japanese cars were made for Japanese sized people.

John

kelltym88

Reaction score
Hey, I don't see any fins on those "road rockets" LOL :)

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRadiator
I haven't posted a pic in a while, lets see if this works....
I know that has to be a parachute? But to me it looks more like an UFO? What exactly is that?

Justy

Reaction score
Originally posted by OKTurbo
Nothing wrong with an old CVCC Honda.
The CVCC is the 1.5L iron block emissions control version (How clean was it? Clean enough to be the only vehicle to ever pass California Emissions WITHOUT a catalytic converter on the exhaust... and that was 30 years ago! No "market" for a car that does better today, I guess.). Mine's the 1.2L aluminum block for the rest of the world; shorter nose, more power, less torque, waaay less weight to drag around. I get about 27 MPG in the city, and I've hit 42 MPH highway though on that trip the amount of oil I was burning made up for a lot of the gas I wasn't. :) But man, highway speeds, you get those 155r12's spinning so fast...

I'm 5'11", and with the seat all the way back, the pedals are in just the right spot. And while he complains bitterly about speedbumps, my 6'3" 230 lb friend rides in the passenger seat quite often. It was an interesting day when we tried to cram him into the back seat though. :)

Aaaand the #1 best thing about my Civic: you can't beat a hatchback for carrying rockets to the field!

TheRadiator

Reaction score
Originally posted by n3tjm
I know that has to be a parachute? But to me it looks more like an UFO? What exactly is that?
Sorry, you can't tell from the photo, but that's an old Custom Satellite Drone. I think I was using the stock 18" silver mylar chute. It looks cool in the sunshine! :D