Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

snrkl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I get:

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1502623175.963501.jpg

Eric

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can select a file to upload. But the upload button is unresponsive. Both on my android phone and windows 10 laptop.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this forum uses a strange mix of Java and/or Flash based on ( I think ) useragent parsing ( no capabilities testing ).

There are few working combos for file upload, many partially working, some completely not pretending to work.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this forum uses a strange mix of Java and/or Flash based on ( I think ) useragent parsing ( no capabilities testing ).

There are few working combos for file upload, many partially working, some completely not pretending to work.
From what I can tell, using Tapatalk seems to be very reliable in posting pictures. Would you agree?

Steve Shannon

Eric

Reaction score
upload with tapatalk. Does it work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snrkl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can select a file to upload. But the upload button is unresponsive. Both on my android phone and windows 10 laptop.
Eric, I've had the same issue with a broken image upload button when using the site with a browser on the forum.

Rather then using the image upload, I've found that switching to advanced mode when you're drafting and selecting the generic file upload icon (paper clip) works for all kinds of files. I use that instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric

Reaction score
I did the generic file upload (paperclip). But it flipped the image. I will have to keep trying.

snrkl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I did the generic file upload (paperclip). But it flipped the image. I will have to keep trying.
Phone pics have meta data (EXIF) that holds the picture orientation. If these are stripped, the pics will flip. Forum uploads, as far as I can tell, strips several metadata items, including your GPS coordinates, which is handy to avoid publishing your home address when you post pics..

A fix I have found, is open them and save them on the computer first which saves the pic properly rather than relying on the metadata to dynamically orient it when viewed - this seems to have fixed my upside down pic problems (on my mac anyway...)

snrkl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes - your tools aren't falling in the floor - I'd say that's a successful test.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
I'm sorry but that would drive me crazy!

Screwdrivers and pliers.........in the same drawer???

Just joking 😀😀😀😀