Picture of finished Storm Caster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtSharpe

Reaction score
This is my estes storm caster that I recently finished. I have yet to launch it. I varied from their paint scheme somewhat. I think the blue and yellow is pretty nice myself. The blue and yellow are Apple Barrel Colors brand craft paint,, available at walmart and probably michaels etc My big bertha is on the left of course. I don't care for the name or the decals, hence it's pure black finish. That's color palace brand spray paint again from walmart.

2rocks.jpg

Nice looking Stormcaster.

I really like that rocket. Mine recently had it's fins eaten off by the cat. I will probably replace it during the next 50% off Hobby lobby sale.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Those rockets do look great. But do these look familiar. It is to cold for me to paint or I would have these done. The one that looks like a bertha is actualy a big betty made by Quest. I helped my ten year old son build it and he is very proud. He says he wants to paint it yellow but I really like the flat black paint on yours.

Originally posted by LtSharpe
The blue and yellow are Apple Barrel Colors brand craft paint,, available at walmart and probably michaels etc

The Apple Barrel craft paint goes on sale at Michael's quite often.

They had it on sale about a month ago 4/$1.00 so keep your eyes open.

This week it's 2/$1.00 but I think Walmart's usual price is $.44.

Nice looking Stormcaster. I bought one with a 50% off coupon at Michaels but haven't built it yet.

Yeah I varied from their paint scheme a bit and I put the circular decals in different places. I'm quite happy with it. I do hope it doesn't fly away...

Back