Picture of Field

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're lucky to have a lot of open space here in Western CO and Utah, just no clubs to fly hp with nearby. It's quite a trip to the salt flats or over the mountain.

Great looking rocket.!!!! What is it.??
It's the 3" LOC IRIS kit shortened w/o the DD set up yet. Flew nice and straight to 1100' on the G80. OR says it should do 2400' @ 8.6G with a H100-9 for my L1 coming up. After that I'll get the DD installed and finish the paint job!

They used to launch these at the Green River complex to White Sands NM up till about 1980. Not sure why the STARS and Bars are upside down tho...

Hey I've got those pictures too! I got to go to Green River back when I was an IREC participant.

IREC had 10k' and 30k' categories so waiver is possible. the 30k' was limited to certain times of day if I recall correctly

Hey I've got those pictures too! I got to go to Green River back when I was an IREC participant.

Nytrunner, do you remember what year that was? I was inspecting a construction project at the GreenRiver Airport a few years back (2011 or 12). While staying at the local motel a bunch of college kids from BYU, CU came in with some really BIG awesome looking rockets. Said they were involved in a high power rocket competition. Friendly bunch, talked about model rockets I'd built and flown as a kid. Didn't get to see them launch due to working, but that close-up look at what they were doing made me think- I'm going to build one like THAT some day . . . and here we go . 🚀

Back