Pics of the new G80s!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the new-style G80s with the yellow end-caps. It looks like they will be much better than the old ones in keeping the BP in the motor. Doug and a few others wanted pics, so here they are!:D

And heres the biggest new part! THe forward end!:cool:

My G-Force wants a 24-pound kick-in-the-butt when I get it fixed :cool:.

These motors are sweet kinda like the F20 but the F has a hexnut style cap.

You should get one! They cost a ton ($18-$20), but I believe that they are worth it.:D ;)

'Fraid so... Were motors really that cheap back then?:D ;) :eek: :kill:

I have seen them fly...but not for sale. Thoes FWL's are norotious (sp?) for chuffing on ignition. Hehe....I still have a nice G80T that I got for $10 about 5 months back....

Neil,

Do these new G80s use a one piece molded casing similar to the new version of the F20?

I dunno... How would one tell? Ill have a look at them to see if there is a noticable difference...:confused:

Originally posted by Neil
I dunno... How would one tell? Ill have a look at them to see if there is a noticable difference...:confused:

If you look at the aft/nozzle end of the motor, does it appear that the nozzle and casing are molded as one piece or does there appear to be a seam which would indicate a seperate nozzle & casing?

Compare the G80 with the aft end of a 'new' F20 motor. That should show the difference or similarity.

Originally posted by Neil
'Fraid so... Were motors really that cheap back then?:D ;) :eek: :kill:

Before the AT fire, AT would make a limited run of the G80FWLs for Magnum about once a year. If you bought in quantity you could get them for around ten bucks including Hazmat and shipping. Sigh

Originally posted by solrules
I have seen them fly...but not for sale. Thoes FWL's are norotious (sp?) for chuffing on ignition. Hehe....I still have a nice G80T that I got for $10 about 5 months back....

I've flown bunches and never had chuffing problems when ignited with a magnelite.

Originally posted by rstaff3
Before the AT fire, AT would make a limited run of the G80FWLs for Magnum about once a year. If you bought in quantity you could get them for around ten bucks including Hazmat and shipping. Sigh

Yep, I still have 8 of those. No markings except the top paper cap that said G80FWL.

I love them.

Nick

I got a few at NYPower a few years ago, $10 a pop and an awesome ride for a LOC Onyx or Big Betha....wish I still had one...

I have one -10 left. I find myself without a rocket to fly it in. Well, I could fly it in my Quest Smoke, but I want to hold on to both the motor and the rocket...for a while at least.

I have a few of the new G80's. The casing does not appear to be molded. The only drawback I can see to this new design is that it'll be a bit harder to remove the endcap and adjust the delay -- but most folks don't do that anyway.

Back