Pics of Solar Eclipse from Oregon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
I managed to snap the ISS crossing the eclipse!!!

330_5575_resize.jpg330_5576_resize.jpg330_5579_resize.jpg330_5582_resize.jpg
330_5613_resize.jpg330_5616_resize.jpg330_5617_resize.jpg
330_5634_resize.jpg330_5639_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Horizon around here is blocked by closer trees. Yes, it got DARK, but the weirdest thing is there seemed to be a colour shift before and after the event. For about the same length of time you could see shadow 'ripples' across the ground. I tried to photo those, but it wouldnt come out.

Horizon around here is blocked by closer trees. Yes, it got DARK, but the weirdest thing is there seemed to be a colour shift before and after the event. For about the same length of time you could see shadow 'ripples' across the ground. I tried to photo those, but it wouldnt come out.

Shadow Snakes!

[YOUTUBE]qc7MfcKF1-s[/YOUTUBE]

OMG... i had no idea how lucky we were to see those shadow snakes... his description is bang on, also, the contrast comments, why i couldnt photo it.

I'm not sure what you meant by color change but it could have been a result of the sunrise/sunset coming from all around. (where there isn't a total eclipse)

OK, everybody stop.

Go back to the first post and look at the pictures.

Those colander photos are absolutely stunning. 'Science as folk art' or somesuch.

I'm sure there are prizes that photographs like this can win? You should submit them somewhere.

we only had 80% down here in Florida but is was still worth a look. I took my welding helmet with me. Let people look that had never seen before. Lots of fun

Those photos are amazing. I was about 10-15 miles, as the crow flies, from the crazy Brit. It definitely was a good show. We are already looking into Puerto Vallarta for 2024!

Here is a (shaky, crappy) video showing the horizon:

https://youtu.be/2WxMz_1dMzo

Aaaarrrghh! I didn't have my eclipse glasses on when I looked at your pictures ... and now I'm blind!!

Yes, the light before and especially after totality was distinctive. Not sure how to describe it. Some kind of color shift. It was noticed and commented upon by all in my viewing group.

Nice pictures!

Totality from Cerulean, Ky. We planned to view the eclipse in Carbondale, Il but the forecast for afternoon clouds forced us to move 2 1/2 mile east. Stopped at a Baptist church. The Pastor provided water, use of the church's restrooms and hot dogs for the crowd free of charge.

Totality3.jpg

Video ---> [video]https://youtu.be/fpu5BlKD3PU[/video]

IMG_3354.jpgIMG_3347.jpgIMG_3351.jpg

We were in eastern Oregon near Sumpter. The first picture was after the eclipse was over. The second photo was during totality. And of course the total eclipse. No picture I have seen captures the breath taking beauty of the sun's corona.

Terry

The picture is me about to launch a free flight rubber powered airplane on the field where I watched the eclipse right outside of Tangent, OR. This is about 45 minutes before totality.

Me Tangent F1B (3).jpg

I flew planes after the eclipse as well. What a great day!

I editted the best two pics, no false colour, just a simple develop and noise reduction.

330_5592 after noise reduction.jpg 330_5596 after play with color.jpg

Back