Pics from the kid's projects

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You guys like pictures...so here are a few from my two boy's projects.

The first picture is of the 12 yr old's (Timothy) first "solo" build. Not too shabby!!! Hopefully we'll see it fly this weekend.
BabyBertha.jpg

Here is Timothy's building table. He's currently finishing up a little hand launch glider.....planning on turning it into a boost glider. You'll also notice a Squirrel Works "Space Ranger" next in the queue. (although he's hinting at wanting to start the Praetor next)
Timothy_Table.jpg

Last picture is a box of rockets (Pratt Positrons) that my youngest boy Philip (8 yrs old) has been building with a few of his friends. I bought 5 Positrons in a 'bulk pack' for him to build with his buds. All they need now is some paint...
Box_o_rockets.jpg

Nice work by the boys. Those Positrons really are "Retro" rockets.
BTW, is that Cheer box a "Cheer!" box?
Bob

The Positrons are from Doug Pratt at https://www.pratthobbies.com

Neat little rockets. A bit bigger than a Mosquito, but with a recovery system, so a least you have a chance of getting them back. (very unique recovery system BTW).

Check out the Review and more info at https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/prat_positron.html

I bought a 5-pack as a group project for my two boys and some of their friends. Here's a pic of "dad's"
MVC-241F.jpg

Yes...a box of Cheer. I'm the Asst. Cub Master for the local Cub Scout Pack. The box is filled with little slips of paper with different "cheers" on them. During a Pack Meeting when we want to recognize a scout or a Den for doing something special, we'll reach into the box of "Cheer" and all join in.

For example......"Let's give the Wolf Den a big hand" .... and everyone holds their open palm out in front of them. (A Big Hand...hahahaha) :D

I noticed the "Hoosier" in the background.
You have time to build rockets, be a scout leader, & race stock(or sprint)cars?
Nice rockets, & looks like a good project.
I like the "cheer" box.

Wow...you guys do look closely don't you...HA.

They are actually Hoosier Quick Time Pro DOT legal drag tires for my other passion (beyond family, church, and scouts)....a 1987 Buick Grand National. Haven't had much free time (duh!)...so the "beast" hasn't been to the track in over a year. I'm hoping that if I don't let go of that hobby maybe one of the boys will share my love of cars. So far.....no luck. My baby girl (7 yrs old) will probably be the drag racer.

Years ago I sold my 1969 Mach 1 Mustang....then sold my 1968 Cougar XR7-GT (390 cu.in Police Interceptor) in college when my budget couldn't afford 8 mpg and repairs. Either of those two cars would be worth a mint today. The Grand National is NOT for sale....and yes....I have the support of my wife on that one.

John

I'm a Cubmaster and I forgot the Cheer box once. I'll only do that once! Good for you! the world needs kids that never grow up.
Bob

Back