Picard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ep. 7:
Well, the mystery guest sort of was, and wasn't.
;)
And my guess fan theory was partly right: she was mentioned in the conversation as being unavailable to participate.
So, what's going on with Jack and who's pulling Vadics' strings?
LET THE FAN THEORIES BEGIN!

The budget is tight so turn down the lighting even more, limit the number of expensive character appearances and just ignore production mistakes. It is the worst episode yet for contrived, at times schizophrenic storytelling. But with such a low bar it is still much better than 95% of new Trek and that ain't bad. Maybe I will rewatch the Geordi and Data scene to get in touch with my feels...no, time better spent building rockets.

Wow! Fan service, member berries, Easter Eggs, nostalgia dumps, a huge Betazed man baby, a space slut, frozen Terminators from another franchise, a Princess with a thermal detonator also from another franchise, pseudo Klingon rescue from no where and best of all: SPOT IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING! SPOT RULES! Hello kitty! Final score: Spot 1, all the bad guys in the Universe 0. Who knew, such a spoiler.

Still light years ahead of season 1 & 2.

The crappy lighting they use really pisses me off. Seriously, why are sets so dark?

Low budget.
They can't afford the electrons. Sadly, this is a common problem in TV and movies these days.

Fan theory:
The human remains stolen from Daystrom Station* are Picard's, and have Borg implants. The changelings are planning to use the Borg tech to enslave humanity. Also, Geordi will foil their plans by using the New Particle discovered last episode to beam all of the changelings off into space at once.

* Why is every damn thing named after Daystrom? Weren't there any other technological pioneers in Starfleet?

All fan theories are mostly wrong. Give Kurtzman the money for his Section 31 series to explore the dystopian answers. More into darkness!

All the access shills and even privileged critical reviewers say they "stick the landing" in STP season III.

Ep.8:
WOOOOOOOO..........HOOOOOOOOO!

Spoilers:
I just remembered where I heard the foreboding music every time they show the Shrike. It's the same music at the beginning of ST: The Motion Picture when the Vger cloud approaches. after the Vger cloud destroys the Klingon warships.
That "detonation device" that Jack holds when he takes the bridge: shades of Leia in the bounty hunter's armor when she enters Jabba's lair.
What's behind the red door? My fan theory: a pah wraith.

Last edited:
There can only be one correct answer.
Doesn't detract from the fun of guessing though.
Those associated with the show love it because it stokes up the enthusiasm.
Trust the writers. They will provide all the answers needed, paying no attention to fan theories. Fanboys can have fun, but the Secret Hideout writers know best, they are trained professionals. They don't care about fanboy tears when their theories don't come true. Just look at what happened with Rian Johnson and the Story Group with TLJ. Expectations subverted, product consumed! All roads lead to the sequel trilogy. They have a plan.

The only tears you do not want to see are the Intellectual Property Lawyers when the scope of the IP rights are questioned. Yikes!

I loved episode 8. Really have had it with two people dominating the thread with trying to out-complain each other.

I mean, really the main TNG gang all together in a ready room for the first time in decades and a few people ignore that, and are whining about "Lighting"???? GEEEEEZZZZzzzzz.......

I predict that Wesley will appear, likely the last episode. Perhaps with Kore Soong.

And, how would this all end without a really really big reason for Picard to no longer be involved for any possible spinoff? I fear that Picard will die. I am absolutely not wanting to be right about that. I want a happy ending with him and Laris, maybe even a wedding with the TNG crew, and new friends.

Ah heck, throw in a Janeway appearance but given how poorly she treated Jeri Ryan during Voyager (which Mulgrew regrets), that is a bit farfetched unless Jeri Ryan approved.

And oh yeah, hopefully see the real Tuvok, alive and well.

LOVED seeing the scene with Vadic being "airlocked", freezing, and smashing into hundreds of icy bits, hitting her ship. Then Seven gets to command blowing the ship to bits.

Also Data's tricking Lore into taking his memories, to take over Lore. How great, and quite an acting job by Spiner. But let's totally ignore that and whine about LIGHTING again?

"I am not less perfect than Lore" :)

Oh and, I predict that Mister Bill (aka Captain Rag Doll, aka Captain NO), will finally call "Hansen" by her preferred name, Seven.

Last edited:
I mean, really the main TNG gang all together in a ready room for the first time in decades and a few people are whining about "Lighting"???? GEEEEEZZZZzzzzz.......
I was waiting for them to break out a deck of cards.
:D
Eps. 9 and 10 promise to be epic.
Per the Ready Room there will be unexpected twists and turns.
Speaking of which, Wil Wheaton says he's not allowed to say who next weeks' guest is because it would be a major spoiler to the next episode (again).
And what happened to Kestra? Who's watching her? Lawaxanna?

I have a bone to pick with Picard... Well, several bones. Episode 8 really crystallized my issues with the series. Some of these are nitpicky, but they annoy me. So I'm picking!

The biggest issue for me is mixing up the fandoms. This series is more Star Wars than Star Trek. It's not just carrying the "bomb" on to the bridge. It's the stormtrooper-like people behind Vadic. It's the dark sets. It's the extreme moral ambiguity among main characters (hello Crusher and Picard agreeing to develop a biological weapon!). It's the mind control. Sure, it's all dressed up in Trek, with all of the heroes of TNG, but it's a Star Wars series.

OK, that's out of the way. Vadic's minions annoy me too. Weren't they Changelings in an early episode? Now they can be killed with swords? Also, they fight with phasers all of the time, except when Raffi shows up with short swords. Then they're somehow fighting with swords. It doesn't make any sense.

When did Federation phasers (even set to kill) turn people into hamburger instead of just dropping or vaporizing them?

Why could Seven kill a Changeling with a single shot in engineering when several direct hits wasn't enough to even slow Vadic down?

When did Picard get a positronic brain and android body?

I really don't like the way Geordi's daughters are drawn. They started out reasonably competent. In the last episode, they're reduced to wallpaper. They have no agency of their own. Heck, no female character has agency in the last episode, except possibly Vadic. Even she's under the control of an outside flowing-meat boss.

The last scene in the observation lounge should have included Seven or the captain of the Titan. Yes, I know it's a reunion, but those two are key parts of the plan to regain the Federation. They should have a seat at the table.

Vadic's minions annoy me too. Weren't they Changelings in an early episode? Now they can be killed with swords?
Not so sure her crew members are changelings. The infiltrators at Starfleet, yes. But remember the founders were masters of genetic engineering. They created the Vorta and Jem Hadar to serve their purposes. So maybe the crew members are a species that chitters.
Besides, how are we gonna get to see how bada** Raffi is?:D
When did Federation phasers (even set to kill) turn people into hamburger instead of just dropping or vaporizing them?
Around the same time that the Martian tripod weapons started turning people into dust while leaving their clothes intact instead of vaporizing them in WoW.
End of season one.
The last scene in the observation lounge should have included Seven or the captain of the Titan. Yes, I know it's a reunion, but those two are key parts of the plan to regain the Federation. They should have a seat at the table.
Maybe they don't know how to play poker?

I have a bone to pick with Picard... Well, several bones. Episode 8 really crystallized my issues with the series. Some of these are nitpicky, but they annoy me. So I'm picking!

The biggest issue for me is mixing up the fandoms. This series is more Star Wars than Star Trek. It's not just carrying the "bomb" on to the bridge. It's the stormtrooper-like people behind Vadic. It's the dark sets. It's the extreme moral ambiguity among main characters (hello Crusher and Picard agreeing to develop a biological weapon!). It's the mind control. Sure, it's all dressed up in Trek, with all of the heroes of TNG, but it's a Star Wars series.

OK, that's out of the way. Vadic's minions annoy me too. Weren't they Changelings in an early episode? Now they can be killed with swords? Also, they fight with phasers all of the time, except when Raffi shows up with short swords. Then they're somehow fighting with swords. It doesn't make any sense.

Why could Seven kill a Changeling with a single shot in engineering when several direct hits wasn't enough to even slow Vadic down?

I really don't like the way Geordi's daughters are drawn. They started out reasonably competent. In the last episode, they're reduced to wallpaper. They have no agency of their own. Heck, no female character has agency in the last episode, except possibly Vadic. Even she's under the control of an outside flowing-meat boss.

No one ever expects the inquisition! Cancle culture rules! Better go and watch the latest episode of the Mandalorian on D+ and like it! :)

End of season one.

Maybe they don't know how to play poker?
OK, apparently I forgot that piece of Season 1.

Three more that I forgot in my original rant:
Whose bright idea was it to add a single-door airlock to the bridge? How could that possibly go wrong? That seems more like 12-year-old fan fiction than a professional writer. They could just have easily beamed Vadic & co into space. Or beamed them to a cargo bay with an open door.

Does it make sense to attack a ship known to operate a portal system with torpedoes? How did Seven know they weren't going to get those torpedoes boomeranged on them?

This is more of a longstanding thing, so not specifically to do with Picard. Starfleet does a terrible job with operational security. When Seven is trying to suss out whether Tuvok is real or a pod person, why would she let Pod Tuvok know that she had seen through him? There's no benefit to her and it's helpful to the Changelings if they know who Picard and co. know are compromised.

Wow, wow, wow!

Loved it.

So much revealed.

And those last few minutes..... loved it. WOW again. (I'm sure some bitter folks will tear it down. Whatever)

FINALLY, behind the Red door. Well.......uh.... different color inside.....

Having the Borg being involved ever since "Locutus" was quite a twist. As was how non-Shapeshifter Starfleet crew members were surreptitiously assimilated for future activation. And that affects Jean-Luc Picard so much, so "One Last Stand" with the Borg.

Nice to see Captain Shelby (Best of Both Worlds) as leader of the fleet. And the way she went out, she had not been assimilated or a shapeshifer.

Anyone who whines, or waves off seeing a rebuilt Enterprise 1701-D, for the old TNG crew to fly, as "membaberries", is just dead inside to be a "fan" of TNG show and not shed some tears, or at least an "OMG" reaction. It's WELL LIT, right? :)

As I predicted Shaw finally called Seven, Seven of 9. But I had not thought it would be as his last words. So if there is a spinoff of the Titan, it'd be with Captain Seven.

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow!

Loved it.

So much revealed.

And those last few minutes..... loved it. WOW again.
Agreed!

I'm verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

verklempt.gif

Edit with potential spoilers...

My wife sagely pointed out that this just turned into...
"Battlestar Galactica." Our protagonists will leverage an older, non-networked ship as they endeavor to defeat a cybernetic enemy.

Last edited:
Great episode 9.

Fan theory:
The human remains stolen from Daystrom Station* are Picard's, and have Borg implants. The changelings are planning to use the Borg tech to enslave humanity.

Give the man a cigar.
EDIT: BTW, how come we can hear the fireworks exploding in space on Frontier Day?

Last edited:
The Change links and the Borg are allies...The Borg queen?... but the Borg queen dies in season 2 and replaced by Agnes (time travel thing), that was not her we saw (or think we saw when she was face to face with Jack Cruscher) and as Agnes the new Queen, The Born had become a more friendly group as opposed to assimilation they had become more of a join us type of group.
Paul

The Change links and the Borg are allies...The Borg queen?... but the Borg queen dies in season 2 and replaced by Agnes (time travel thing), that was not her we saw (or think we saw when she was face to face with Jack Cruscher) and as Agnes the new Queen, The Born had become a more friendly group as opposed to assimilation they had become more of a join us type of group.
Paul
Remember we are dealing with different writing rooms and various Intellectual Property rights. One universe/time line must be a least 25% different from the other. It is not our place to question the genius of Kurtzman or Secret Hideout. Just sit back, relax and consume product.

Back