Picard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out Discovery has not wrapped filming S4 yet, or maybe just has. And as mentioned, it won't be released till early 2024.

The list I had provided earlier was based on an unofficial expected release sequence I'd seen for this year, which turned out to be totally wrong. I'm not going to assume SNW will come right after Picard. With Discovery not till next year, there's only 3 shows, likely 30 episodes total, for the rest of the year, so they may not run those end-to-end as they mostly did last year. Or... maybe they will.

I'll miss Discovery. The anti-Discovery whiners can keep on whining and CHEERING about Star Trek getting smaller, losing the flagship show that started the "new generation" of shows (No SNW without S2 of Discovery. No Picard. Probably no Lower Decks or Prodigy either.).

Paramount+ is shrinking their budget for streaming shows, so this does NOT bode well long-term for all of Star Trek. Might be down to one show in 2-3 years. Maybe even Strange New Worlds won't get a 5 year mission, which would be such a shame. SNW has not hit anything like "The Mandalorean"has. No dolls or other Paramount+ Star Trek on store shelves.

Others can go eventually re-live no trek on TV at all like 2005-2017. Wasn't THAT fun?

This update, back to Picard, from the showrunner Matalas. I will not speculate at all about who the others might be, but I'd bet real money on one that comes to mind.

330606834_915360759515943_99853259649172694_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, as Dr. Evil would do, dress Jean Luc and Beverly up in exotic futuristic outfits and give them time alone to escape from an overly elaborate situation of certain death. Guess there is an episode five. They did it again with many call backs and fan service but it is entertaining. The Shrike is still out there, a real butcher bird waiting to strike again!

Last edited:
Well, in episode 4, Jonathan Frakes once again does a great job of directing Jonathan Frakes. :) And everyone else too.

"Commander Seven" (again)

And a variation of the "Captain Taggart Maneuver" near the end, loved it. I wonder what % of that was knowingly inspired by that maneuver, and what % was totally coincidental. For those who don't get that, and have seen the episode, your one clue is not to waste time googling for Star Trek sites and Trek wikis.

The latest Ready Room. Featuring:
Interview with Todd Stashwick ("Captain NO!". Uh, captain Shaw).
History of Changelings. Science behind the science of Star Trek.

ek7fq7hjglla1.jpg

So, episode 5 is out. 5 more left.

Title is "Imposters". Don't blame me, they came up with that name.

Well, a LOT of information of what's been going on, and action.

And as the showrunner hinted at, yep, someone from TNG's past, and QUITE a plot twist.

Also, quite a chain of events for Worf and Raffi.

And hey, Worf gets a personal face to face call from his handler.

Last edited:
Ep.4:
Memorable line: "Bob is your uncle, Fanny is your aunt".
Cracked me up even though I don't know what it means.
From context I'm guessing something like "Lo and behold".
Maybe British?
Ep. 5*SPOILER ALERT*
Whoa! Or is it Ro!
See my post #108
Best episode of the season so far.
A couple of tearjerker moments.
The two arcs have merged into one.
What's wrong with Jack?
Have to wait another week.
Dang.
PS and Rikers' manuever is going to go down as legendary in Starfleet history. Like Kirk's Corbomite Maneuver. Heh.

Last edited:
Ep.4:
Memorable line: "Bob is your uncle, Fanny is your aunt".
Cracked me up even though I don't know what it means.
From context I'm guessing something like "Lo and behold".
Maybe British?
Heh.
Yes, itā€™s a British idiom - with a surprisingly obscure origin - that translates to roughly ā€œthere you have itā€ or, as weā€™d say in fractured French ā€œvoilĆ !ā€.

Hopefully this isnā€™t too spoilery but thereā€™s already been chatter that the Riker Maneuver is a bit of a tribute to Galaxy Quest šŸ˜‰

This weeks' Ready Room was neat.
(Watch it after viewing the latest episode: spoilers).
Found out that LeVar Burtons' real life daughter Mica plays one of Geordi's on screen daughters (Alandra).
How cool is that?
Family again.
Lots of references to previous Trek episodes:
Moriarty, Pop goes the weasel, stealing a cloaking device, Voyager in the space museum.
Musing: If the Klingon cloaking device is archived in the space museum then why isn't it standard issue in all Federation starships?

:questions:

Hollywood.

Musing: If the Klingon cloaking device is archived in the space museum then why isn't it standard issue in all Federation starships?

By Treaty, it's illegal for the Federation to do that. Refer to the TNG Episode "Pegasus",which illegally had a cloaking device. Also, remember in TOS, Kirk used a stolen Romulan cloaking device to get away, but Starfleet did not put them in any ships and the one Enterpriise stole, never appeared again (likely sent to Starfleet technical or whatever)

So, Jack Crusher-Picard is following in dad's footsteps (and many other Trek Captains dating back to Archer & Pike) in doing stuff technically illegal, for the better good.

Yeah, really nice episode.

It is interesting that the Klingons, later, were "cool" with the Federation keeping one of their ships to be in a museum . Or at least begrudgingly allow rather than make a big deal out of it (Probably the latter :) ).

Last edited:
Hopefully this isnā€™t too spoilery but thereā€™s already been chatter that the Riker Maneuver is a bit of a tribute to Galaxy Quest šŸ˜‰

Ah, you mean the "Taggart" maneuver. :)

Yeah, I pointed that out on a Facebook Trek group, nobody else had picked up on it (or mentioned it yet)

I like to think that later, Picard asked Riker where he got that idea.

And Riker replied that he was inspired by a nice old space movie from the late 20th Century, whose crew seemed sort of familiar. "Never give up, never surrender." :)

Wil Wheaton said at the end of the latest Ready Room that the next guests' identity will remain a secret otherwise it will be a spoiler for the next episode of Picard.
Any guesses on who that may be?
I was going to say Rene Auberjonois but he sadly passed a few years ago.
So I'm going to guess it's Kate Mulgrew.

Last edited:
Wil Wheaton said at the end of the latest Ready Room that the next guests' identity will remain a secret otherwise it will be a spoiler for the next episode of Picard.
Any guesses on who that may be?
I was going to say Rene Auberjonois but he sadly passed a few years ago.
So I'm going to guess it's Kate Mulgrew.
I HATE speculation like this.

It's like a pre-emptive spoiler.

And if it does turn out to be her, yeah, you just SPOILED IT. :(

I had an idea of someone else who might show up, but I ain't gonna say who I have in mind.

And also yet someone else by the end, that, no, I'm not going to pre-emptively SPOIL that either, if it turns true.

I HATE speculation like this.

It's like a pre-emptive spoiler.

And if it does turn out to be her, yeah, you just SPOILED IT. :(

I had an idea of someone else who might show up, but I ain't gonna say who I have in mind.

And also yet someone else by the end, that, no, I'm not going to pre-emptively SPOIL that either, if it turns true.
Aw, c'mon George.
A guess is not the same as a spoiler.
It's only a spoiler if you KNOW ahead of time it's true.
And if your guess turns out to be correct, lucky you.
No different than speculating where the plot is going to go.
So go ahead, post your guesses.
You know you want to.
;)

Aw, c'mon George.
A guess is not the same as a spoiler.
It's only a spoiler if you KNOW ahead of time it's true.

Totally 100% disagree.

One of the most breathtaking reveals I have ever seen, was in Doctor Who's S6 E7 episode "When a Good Man goes to War". In it we find out who River Song is.

** MIND BLOWING** "Holy Crap!!!" moment.

Equal to Luke finding out who his father was, and in Babylon-5 finding out who Valen was.

It would have been TOTALLY RUINED if have seen a "pre-emptive Spoiler" guess by anyone who guessed that. It would not have been the mind-blowing shock that it was.

So, nope, I'm not going to be a pre-emptive spoiler.

BTW- Doctor Who SPOILER alert, for those who have not seen it but might watch Doctor Who some day, avoid this.

Here is a reaction video of that episode. Watch the reaction at 9:20, near the end of the episode. Of course it would more sense if a person watched the show. Alex Kingston is River Song, who randomly appears in several episodes over the years (two episodes with a different Doctor), and they have a timey-wimey relationship (first episode she appears in, she is older than in this episode as she has her own time and space travel gadget, and tells the Doctor she has known him for years. They meet up in different timelines back-and-forth). The two others (Amy Pond and Rory) are the Doctor's regular companions.

Watch for River to appear for the shock at about 9:20 in the video. Although for the full context I highly recommend seeing the whole thing (it will explain the leaf-thing better, and a massive plot point before the reveal). Oh, if you do see it, at some point she was in a prison, but frequently
sneaks out and then comes back as in the early part of this episode. In any case, the reaction you see in this video, was pretty much my reaction when I saw it.

Last edited:
Okay, okay.
I've grayed out my guesses with the spoiler bar for other peeps that may feel the same way.
For others that want to have some fun please do the same
Just for George.
:D

Maybe I'm grumpy, but I'm having a little trouble with all of the drop-in cameos. Ep 6 was not among my favorites.

One thing I happened to see and sadly since I couldn't afford to pay for Picard or any of the other show, it was an article on the computer, my favorite ship ( and Doug Drexler's as well, I believe) is shown in Geordi's Starfleet museum, the NX-01.5 Enterprise upgraded ship! That means that it is now officially recognized!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I happened to see and sadly since I couldn't afford to pay for Picard or any of the other show, it was an article on the computer, my favorite ship ( and Doug Drexler's as well, I believe) is shown in Geordi's Starfleet museum, the NX-01.5 Enterprise upgraded ship! That means that it is now officially recognized!!!!!!!!!!!
The NX-01 refit?
0328230847[1].jpg0328230850[1].jpg0328230851[1].jpg

Last edited:
Kiririn, That's the one! In the picture from the article, You can just see the 2ndary hull.
Looks like a technological bridge between the NX-01 and the NCC-1701.
Maybe I'm grumpy, but I'm having a little trouble with all of the drop-in cameos. Ep 6 was not among my favorites.
Seems like the episode was a nod to the trek nerds. You know, the ones who remember every single TNG episode in minute detail. For the vast majority of the rest of the public, they would be confused.

According to Doug Drexler, the NX-01.5 designer's, it is supposed to show the direction Star Fleet is going and about 100 years later, the NCC-1701 is created. While the Romulan War hasn't been shown yet, the 2ndary hull is supposed to be attached just before the Romulan War. If folks are they can find some stunningly beautiful pieces of art that Doug has done showing the upgrade.

Episode 7 is out.

GOOD thing is that the pre-emptive spoiler/guess as to who might be in episode, did not turn true.

Glad for the surprise. And it makes SO much sense, given the plotline and what they were trying to do, to use that character. Fitting they would use them, for a very personal reason with a crew member, too. End part between them go to me a bit.

Jack is still doing....something. Still not a good idea of just what's going on but another layer peeled from the onion. And a revelation of why Vadic wants him.

We learn what motivates Vadic to be so anti-Federation.

Almost feeling sorry for "Captain Rag Doll". Almost......

As for late in the episode, well, the poo hit the spinning blades, didn't it?

"The Ready Room" with Wil Wheaton has an interview with the mystery guest. Can't post a link, as the thumbnail shows their face & name. Search youtube for "Ready Room Picard S3, episode 7"

Last edited:
At 34:20:
Will Wheaton:
"I will be joined by a guest who appears in next weeks' episode.
Telling you their name would be a massive spoiler.
That's how exciting and awesome this is.
LET THE FAN THEORIES BEGIN."

If Wesley Crusher encourages guesses, that's good enough for me.
If anyone doesn't like that,...........
tough.

Last edited:
Back