Picard

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by vcp, Jan 24, 2020.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Jan 31, 2020 #61

UncleJoe

UncleJoe

UncleJoe

Remember they teased us, Data gave his life for Picard. Guess I'll never know.

2. Jan 31, 2020 #62

BBowmaster

BBowmaster

BBowmaster

Just watched the first episode. That they made the premier free a week after it aired implies that they didn’t get as positive response as they’d hoped.

I also think that the opening credits show part of the problem with the show. There were FOURTEEN executive producers or co-executive producers. There were six writers credited as well. It is impossible to have a singular vision with so many hands in the pie.

3. Jan 31, 2020 #63

Marc_G

Marc_G

Marc_G

not interested in watching the premiere, because I won't have access to the rest of the series. No matter how much I like the show, there is no way I would pay CBS just to watch this.

4. Feb 2, 2020 #64

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Ugh, now I hear they are trying to buy Red Dwarf rights and give that to Kurtzman to ruin. It is to be an all female reboot like Ghostbusters 2016. The past Red Dwarf pilot for American television was bad enough. Just think what 15 or so American Woke producers will do to Red Dwarf! After Dr. Who it will be sad to see another British classic flushed down the toilet. :(

5. Feb 2, 2020 #65

Marc_G

Marc_G

Marc_G

Never understood the need to take a well done original and redo it American style. For example, Life on Mars was a British classic; I only got two episodes into the American version before I deleted it from my server. Same for Being Human.

6. Feb 2, 2020 #66

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Hich hikers Guide to the Galaxy is also being mentioned. Vogons in LA, a reality TV show where they face off with the Kardashians. Bring in some monsters like they did with Space 1999 second season. Import some BBC writers to impart a British flair! Streaming services need content and Mars needs Moms.

Mugs914 likes this.