Physics of Flight scale kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone built any of the Physics of Flight scale kits (Wasserfall, Ariane, Vostok, V1)? They sure have some unique designs but I haven't been able to find any info, either here or on EMRR, about the kits.

I'm also wondering if there is a US distributor.

Their website is at: https://www.physicsofflight.com/

Thanks for any info.

Gus

Originally posted by Gus
Hi,

Has anyone built any of the Physics of Flight scale kits (Wasserfall, Ariane, Vostok, V1)? They sure have some unique designs but I haven't been able to find any info, either here or on EMRR, about the kits.

I'm also wondering if there is a US distributor.

Their website is at: https://www.physicsofflight.com/

Thanks for any info.

Gus

I see them on Ebay from time to time. Here is a link to some reviews that might help.
EMRR

I have a few of them but have not built any yet.

I have the Ariane, The Vostok and the A9 (V-2 with wings)

I have opened them and I gotta say the quality is not that good.

I expected more out of a German company.

I will start building this winter and let you know.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
I have opened them and I gotta say the quality is not that good

This is very disappointing news...... I have been eyeing the Ariane..... I will wait to hear what you think when you start actually building it before I buy one......

I have to agree with Sandman - I hav a Wasserfall

Instructions were shockingly badly copied - almost to illegibility at times.
Fin stock was cardboard, motor retainer was too big for the instructions (or the instructions were wrong) boat tail looked like it had been torn off at the right length rather than cut neatly - overall shoddy.

When you consider the quality of the kits from the vendors represented on the forum (Fliskits, FLying Silverado, Sandman etc) there's better places to spend your cash!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Thanks all, that's a great help. The kits are pretty pricey and when you include shipping from England they hit expensive. I guess I'll save my money for when Sandman makes us a worhtwhile V-1 kit!

I purchased a Vostock and a V1 almost 1.5 yrs ago, and never built them. I was not pleased with the details, the instructions, or the parts: The Vostok has tons of fragile vac parts, and the V1 has a rather heavy (for a model rocket) cast plastic nosecone, boattail, and pulse engine boattail.

I got lucky on mine!

My sister lives in London and my brother-in-law got the Vostoks for me (yes he knows I would want two of them)

I traded for the Ariene.

sandman

Back