Quantcast

photos on profile pages?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

wwattles

Reaction score
The recent thread in the coffee house about "post a pic of yourself" got me thinking (dangerous thing!):

Is it possible to modify the personal profiles page to include a picture of the member, if the member so desires? I know that there have been a number of times that I've said, "Hey I wonder what he looks like." For those of us who like to put faces with names, it would be a great asset to be able to click on a screen name and be able to link it to a pic without having to go back and find the "pic of yourself" thread and then sort through to find the user.

Any ideas from the rest of the members? Would it be a good idea, or no?

WW

MarkABrown

Reaction score
I'll bring it up with the admins and mods and see if it is possible. It would probably be a while since we're still working out some issues with the software upgrade but, I think it is a neat idea. Personally, I'd like to have an easy place to go to see what people look like too.

cydermaster

Reaction score
I've always wondered if this was possible, or maybe a button at the top linking to a Gallery of Members?

powderburner

Reaction score
It might be smart to have a 'holding tank' so the admins have a chance to check out what has been submitted before it actually gets posted. Otherwise, a good idea.

MarkABrown

Reaction score
Wow! Nice catch powder! I never thought of that before. That's a really good idea and, I think, will actually easy our moderation burden in the future.