photobucket SUCKS!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm searching for images of the Estes Hyper Bat, and I find a couple of them that link to here, they look *GREAT* on Google image search, but when I open the thead, all I see are blurry images with the Photobucket logo stamped on it... Additionally, there's no links to the photobucket site where you could see them unaltered... Which make the images (Insert vulgarity here) USELESS!!!

DSC00448.jpg

photobucket SUCKS!!!

I've never had that problem with my images from Flickr (though, now I need a paid account)
Still...
Flickr ROCKS!!!

Completely agree! I used to post a lot more on TRF...build threads and launch reports...you know, with pictures! I used Photobucket forever. Then TRF upgraded and many of my posts no longer contained my photos. ...and then Photobucket changed their terms, etc. to the point where many of my old galleries are just GONE. Sure I could've upgraded and paid, but it was not worth the price, in my opinion. Lots of time spent sharing gone in a flash.

Sadly (at least for me), it's taken much of the wind out of my sails for posting on rocket related stuff. We all love photos; without the ability to do so relatively cheap and easy, it's just not worth it. Mega bummer. Sigh...oh well!

Thanks to linville86 (Jason) I now have a very good scan of the decal. Turns out that the image seen on the Estes website and the instructions that I have are either wrong, or outdated. His scan shows them to have an Estes Logo between the words "Hyper" and "Bat" and they seem to be about twice as wide/long as the instructions I downloaded from the Estes site.

Estes Hyper Bat (7217) Decals.png

Estes Hyper Bat (7217) Angle View .png

I'm waiting for an updated scan of the instructions to cross check before I post the sim.

Last edited:
You have to have a paid account to use Photobucket properly. This forum is great you can upload any picture any size and it resizes them for you so it's fast to post with no hassles. But other oldered forums you still have to resize and what a freaking pain. So I just upload to PB and copy the IMG file and drop into my post. Done. Here I'll do it here:

IMG-1338.jpg

No watermarks. A lot of people had the old free accounts and they started water marking those accounts which pissed a lot of people off, But as they say you get what you pay for. Nothing is free anymore.

You have to have a paid account to use Photobucket properly. This forum is great you can upload any picture any size and it resizes them for you so it's fast to post with no hassles. But other oldered forums you still have to resize and what a freaking pain. So I just upload to PB and copy the IMG file and drop into my post. Done. Here I'll do it here:

IMG-1338.jpg

No watermarks. A lot of people had the old free accounts and they started water marking those accounts which pissed a lot of people off, But as they say you get what you pay for. Nothing is free anymore.

Back