Photo scanner recommendations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

terryg

Reaction score
I have been sharing family photos with my son and I have a lot of photos that were made before I converted to digital. Does anyone have any personal recommendations for a photo/slide/negative scanner to convert these older images to digital?

Thanks

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I bought a 21C film and negative digital converter about 8 years ago. Someone was closing them out so I got a pretty good discount on it. Apparently it's still available. Connects with a USB. I thought it did a great job for what it cost. Found this one. CLICK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

JJSR

Reaction score
this is the one I have
https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=B11B178011#product-info
its a work horse, I've used it for years digitizing negatives from the 1930's & 40's of family, plus scanning newer photos into my computer.
it has the capability of scanning several size negatives, also comes with a program for touch ups, enlargements, and so on.
it was pricey, but for the amount of negatives I have too send out it was worth it. I couldn't see sending them out with the chance of lost mail or not liking how they came out.
with this scanner I could do what I wanted and if it wasn't right or needed to be larger I could do it again, again. if family wanted a copy I could just run one off.
well worth the money if you have lots of negatives to do