Phone SHERI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is between you and her. Please leave us alone. You have not made any posts contributing to this/these forums, only complaints about your transactions with this vendor (who HAS contributed to the forums). It's YOUR problem, please deal with it in private.:mad::rolleyes:

Asking a vendor for contact information is permitted on this forum.

This discussion is a prime example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

How do you determine that Joao should be moderated, but others doing something similar shouldn't?

If someone who's well known expresses frustration or disappointment, and the message gets moderated, because it violates the forum rules, then it's unfair.

In this case, someone who's unknown to everyone, and who (based on his comments) has a vendor who hasn't shipped, and won't answer him, is using what avenues he has, is supposed to be moderated.

How do you define the rules? It has to be fair, it has to be obvious.

He hasn't attacked, he hasn't violated forum rules. He has just asked for information.

Being sick of something isn't justification for moderation of the post. If that were the case, there are lots of posts all over the Internet, on numerous websites that I could claim should be removed.

-Kevin

Folks, let's leave any previous baggage out at this point and move forward. If you can contribute or answer his question then good, if not move on and this thread will take it's course.

For the record, phone numbers can be obtained from a variety of sources legally.

Folks, as a reminder, if you can't answer Joao's question then move on and this thread will go it's course.

Just a note so folks understand what happened to part of this thread, and why...

Some messages were removed from this thread, at the request of the poster. Because of that, replies to those messages (which included quotes of them) have also been removed.

-Kevin

Folks, let's leave any previous baggage out at this point and move forward. If you can contribute or answer his question then good, if not move on and this thread will take it's course.

Am I the only one who got a PM asking me to get involved for some unknown reason?

I have ignored it so far.

nope i had two pms about this issue for this persons susposed ( no offence ment) girlfriend because he was baned from rp or here i forget. i fowarded them to ak

Again, I'll ask, "Why hasn't she given this guy his money back?"

It just seems like a really easy solution but...what do I know.:confused2:

Folks, please just answer the question or don't. No piling on for or against either side.

Rocketry Planet is looking better and better.............again:(

Hey ed, aren't (weren't) you a vendor? What would you do in this situation? Should Sheri give the money back or send the kit? What should a vendor do in a situation like this?

just a question. but how do we know this was a real transaction and not someone who has a grudge and is trying to stir the kettle. as it may be. I mean in an honest look why would someone pm random forum members to ask for help on this matter. In my own Thought I think that we a forum of friends need to step back and let sherri handle this. privetly as we know not the whole story. I would also ask why this person was banned from rp over this subject and then came here. ( information stated in pm sent on this matter from girlfriend). So their is alot more to it then we currently know.

Hey ed, aren't (weren't) you a vendor? What would you do in this situation? Should Sheri give the money back or send the kit? What should a vendor do in a situation like this?

Yes, I am a vendor.

the only info I have to go on is what is on RP and TRF. this is a personal business transaction that has gone sour. In my opinion, the customer should get his money back after it has cleared the bank, then both parties should go their separate ways.

While this is new with TRF, I have seen a similar incident on an internet auction site called "Aquabid". I have seen the damage one individual can do to the reputations of good people in a good hobby. I have seen bad bank drafts sent through international mail, only to find out later that the paper was bad.

I do not know the details of this transaction, nor do I want to know them.
My opinions are my own and I base them on what each party has contributed to the hobby.

Yes, I am a vendor. there are people I choose to do business with and there are people I choose not to do business with. These choices are my own, and for my own reasons.

Yes, I am a vendor.

the only info I have to go on is what is on RP and TRF. this is a personal business transaction that has gone sour. In my opinion, the customer should get his money back after it has cleared the bank, then both parties should go their separate ways.......

Yes, I am a vendor. there are people I choose to do business with and there are people I choose not to do business with. These choices are my own, and for my own reasons.

Totally agree with you on giving the money back..... I think that based on the post here and on other boards (RP) he should be getting a check quickly and quietly......unfortunately, the later didn't happen.

Your point about choosing to do business with some is well taken....albeit in my opinion, a bit dangerous as a vendor. (I guess it's a risk you take in your efforts to become the next "Billionaire Rocket Company Owner" :D ) Your position is totally fair as an owner should be able to do whatever they want with their company. However, it is a two way street because the customer has the ultimate choice on where to spend their money. I do think the vendors have an obligation to resolve disputes as quickly and quietly as possible because, not only does it not bode well for the vendor, it drags down the hobby. That doesn't mean vendors should just roll over to threats and unwarranted attacks.

As a customer, there are several vendors I don't do business with for many reasons that range from the fact their products stink to they just look funny (not to mention the way they treat customers). I guess it should be fair for the vendor to do the same.

I have no problem with someone asking for a vendor phone number in the forum. What I DO take exception to is someone spamming my PM box with garbage! I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person who got a PM from this person regarding Sheri????? This has nothing to do with me, and just looks like a personal attack on Sheri in that regard. :mad:

You're right. When I read the email, I wasn't quite sure what "Melissa" was asking for other than her cry for "Help me please"! I really don't think that is appropriate but then there is the whole language barrier thing to deal with........:bang:

You're right. When I read the email, I wasn't quite sure what "Melissa" was asking for other than her cry for "Help me please"! I really don't think that is appropriate but then there is the whole language barrier thing to deal with........:bang:

Yeah, the language thing probably doesn't help. I am sympathetic to this person's plight and understand the desperation, but this transaction has nothing to do with me, mods, or any of the other forum members who this person is trying to reach out to. Heck, I don't even own a Sheri kit...let alone, know her. Wish I could help with a number, but I can't!

Last edited:
As a customer, there are several vendors I don't do business with for many reasons that range from the fact their products stink to they just look funny (not to mention the way they treat customers). I guess it should be fair for the vendor to do the same.

You PROMISED you would not bring up the fact that I look funny on a public forum!:(

I made the wife remove all mirrors in the house. I got tired of scaring myself..:eek::y:

OH! OH! OH! (warning: TOTALLY off topic...)

Has anyone noticed that in some porta-potties they put little mirrors inside, on the door??? First time I noticed it I was standing up and raised my head to mirror level (not knowing it was there) only to see this face staring at me!

Scared the s.... well, let's just say it was a good thing I was in a porta-pottie at the time...

LOL

Has anyone noticed that in some porta-potties they put little mirrors inside, on the door??? First time I noticed it I was standing up and raised my head to mirror level (not knowing it was there) only to see this face staring at me!

Scared the s.... well, let's just say it was a good thing I was in a porta-pottie at the time...

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTNpaaPHENE

https://radioactivechickenheads.com/music-9.html (Rocketry related as the Director of this video is an excellent Model Rocket and High Power Rocket builder and flyer and has attended assorted NARAMs and LDRSs)

LOL

How come all the threads about SHR always ends up in the toilet? :confused2:

Just look for the "whois"...but last I knew they were in Arizona.

Domain ID:
Domain Name: cjsaviation.com
Created On: 23-Sep-2005 00:00:00
Expiration Date: 23-Sep-2010 00:00:00
Sponsoring Registrar: MELBOURNE IT (MELBOURNEIT)
Name Server: yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server: yns2.yahoo.com
Registrant ID: Unknown
Registrant Name: Christopher Ward
Registrant Organization: Private Registration US
Registrant Street1: PO Box 61359
Registrant Street2: Unknown
Registrant Street3: Unknown
Registrant City: Sunnyvale
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 94088
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.5105952002
Registrant Fax: Unknown
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Admin ID: Unknown
Admin Name: PrivateRegContact Admin
Admin Organization: Private Reg US
Admin Street1: PO Box 61359
Admin Street2: Unknown
Admin Street3: Unknown
Admin City: Sunnyvale
Admin State: CA
Admin Postal Code: 94088
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.5105952002
Admin Fax: Unknown
Admin Email: [email protected]

I have no problem with someone asking for a vendor phone number in the forum. What I DO take exception to is someone spamming my PM box with garbage! I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person who got a PM from this person regarding Sheri????? This has nothing to do with me, and just looks like a personal attack on Sheri in that regard. :mad:

ditto for me...I didn't get 1 PM from 'Melissa' but got 6! And that is all I will say about this subject..And yes I have done business with Sheri and have 2 of her great kits and will probably do more business in the future with her.

Back