The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a high power Phoenix rocket built in 1994.
I flew this kit at LDRS XIX.
My favorite HP rocket.
Dia 3.9"
Total length 47”
Air Frame 34”
Motor 38mm
Is this a THOY SK-101 kit???
What are the motor specs, Cg, and Cp.
Is nose weight required?

Send conversation (private message) for email address.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a T.H.O.Y. Phoenix, built in ‘96. I have the body tube length at 34”, but I measured my nosecone at 15.7”, for an overall length of 49.7”. I have CP at 38.7178”
CG will depend on how you built your rocket . . . weights. I have no noseweight added, but then I installed an av bay in the bottom half of the nosecone weighing 7.3 oz.

I am attaching my Rocksim file, just in case you have the program.

Attachments

• Phoenix_38mm.rkt
    85.8 KB · Views: 5
I have a T.H.O.Y. Phoenix, built in ‘96. I have the body tube length at 34”, but I measured my nosecone at 15.7”, for an overall length of 49.7”. I have CP at 38.7178”
CG will depend on how you built your rocket . . . weights. I have no noseweight added, but then I installed an av bay in the bottom half of the nosecone weighing 7.3 oz.

I am attaching my Rocksim file, just in case you have the program.

thanks
I can not run the Rocksim file.
do I need a special program?
what is in the AV bay?
my nose cone has a yellow putty added inside at the base of cone.
cone weight 9.6 oz
thanks again

Attachments

• DSC_9920r.JPG
    DSC_9920r.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 5
thanks
I can not run the Rocksim file.
do I need a special program?
what is in the AV bay?
my nose cone has a yellow putty added inside at the base of cone.
cone weight 9.6 oz
thanks again

You need Rocksim to run the file. I installed a 54mm tube in the nosecone, making it like the PML Intellicones. PML, now LOC, sells bulkheads and fiberglass sleds to mount electronics. I have a magnetic apogee detector by Zeptomag, a guy in Norway; though, I’m not sure if he’s selling them anymore. Just looked and it is being sold but is currently out of stock. You can find it by searching “Zeptomag by Zeptobit.”

You need Rocksim to run the file. I installed a 54mm tube in the nosecone, making it like the PML Intellicones. PML, now LOC, sells bulkheads and fiberglass sleds to mount electronics. I have a magnetic apogee detector by Zeptomag, a guy in Norway; though, I’m not sure if he’s selling them anymore. Just looked and it is being sold but is currently out of stock. You can find it by searching “Zeptomag by Zeptobit.”
thanks "BLONDIE"
Where is your launch site ?
I am a member of the TTRA Tripoli Tampa Rocketry Association and our launch site is in PLANT CITY, FLORIDA.
Is there a forum for rocketry photography?
Rocket is a modified Eclipse, build 20 years ago, with a J420-12 red and a cheap 808 #16 camera
thanks again

Attachments

• Jolly logic chute system.jpg
    Jolly logic chute system.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • plant city .jpg
    plant city .jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • to late to stop now.jpg
    to late to stop now.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
I launch with LUNAR in Northern California.

Joe, I didn’t know that about OR. Wild Bill, OR Open Rocket is a free program, get it.

Back