Phoenix AIM-54C 5.5 " scratch built... in one go

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legranddudu

Reaction score
Friends,

I was simply in love with this Madcow Phoenix. But my Home Dragon had frozen the budget..so I decided to look into my building material pile...found nice wood, a LOC 5.5 nose cone and a nice piece of 5.5" pertinax tube (kind of german blue tube)...a rocketeer friend was visiting me today... we said we need to do something weird in a team effort...so we decided to try to build a scale Phoenix...it worked :)

first we had to cut and slot the tube, here my friend in action:
IMG_2306.JPG

then we did cut the 4 centering rings with prepared slots for the fins, this was most of the router work:
IMG_2325.JPG

The rest was easy going...hope you enjoy...I am pretty proud..my first real scale baby...in 7 hours scratch built...
IMG_2319.JPGIMG_2309.JPGIMG_2311.JPG

Last edited:
The bird will be flying serial DD with a badazz dezzender from Eric. The motor will be as usual a 75mm contrail hybrid, the shortest I have which is a small K impulse but just fine for the Phoenix.
Next work: filets, housing electronics...I may ask Mark at Stickershock to produce some nice scale decals for it..

IMG_2312.JPGIMG_2313.JPGIMG_2314.JPG

Last edited:
That reminds me of my teen years reading TOM Clancey and the news of our attack on Libya. The Phoenix amazed me.

Great job on the build.

Back