PEV - Propellant Evaluation Vehicle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
This is a sounding rocket I built as part of a research project* with my friend Braz. It's designed with an ejection baffle for quick re-flight times, and a payload section to carry a data logger. It was originally designed for 18mm engines, which reach about 400 feet on a C6. I rebuilt it for 24mm and it really scoots, reaching 700 feet or so on a D and up to 1100 feet on a "long" 24mm E12. The band in the middle is just a wrap of black electrical tape to hide the joint where I put the ejection baffle. I built it with oversize launch lugs because I never knew what size rod would be available (something I'm starting to do more of).

*people would yell and scream if I described the project, PM me if you're curious.

18PEV.jpg

veerryy curious. lol.

I have decals to be printed, that describe a research Rocket I finished a week ago.
"Mr. Whiskers low orbit catfood enhancement research". Yes the payload will be a few chunks of dry cat food.

PM sent: I wouldn't have been so curious without the footnote. If it's just for testing propellants, as the thread title suggests, you could say that much in an open forum, as long as you don't go into any specifics.

I messed up the original post. Here are .ork files for 18 and 24mm engines

Attachments

• 18PEV.ork
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 24PEV.ork
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
Back