Pets - Frontline Alternative

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Okay,

We've got two dogs (chocolate lab and beagle) and two cats (tabby and calico). So does anyone know of a viable altnerative to Frontline? Am getting tired of paying nearly $400 a year on flea/tick meds.

I don't think you need a prescription for it...... Have you checked online at petmeds.com I know there are other options too..... Advantix, Sentinel, etc.... Are they better, I don't know....

The most expensive thing to the vet check every year is the Heratguard and Frontline..... The check up and shots are the cheap part of the visit.

I do know Sam's Club has carried a product before the was pretty cheap but I don't know if it is as broad of coaverage as frontline.

All in all I would still have to say $400 is still cheaper than getting you house invested and then fumagated?!

$400/year? Holy cow! We're not paying even half that for two dogs (don't use it on the cats).

Be careful of the non-Frontline topical stuff; there's another brand out there that is very toxic to cats. I've seen reports of it being used on dogs, and cats in the house getting sick from it.

FWIW, 1-800-PET-MEDS is consistently more expensive than our vet. I just bought Rimadyl for my Aussie, and paid about $8 less than mail order.

-Kevin

$400/year? Holy cow! We're not paying even half that for two dogs (don't use it on the cats).

Be careful of the non-Frontline topical stuff; there's another brand out there that is very toxic to cats. I've seen reports of it being used on dogs, and cats in the house getting sick from it.

FWIW, 1-800-PET-MEDS is consistently more expensive than our vet. I just bought Rimadyl for my Aussie, and paid about $8 less than mail order.

-Kevin

Thanks Troj! I guess the shows the internet isn't always the cheapest but it doesn't hurt to shop around.......

One advantage of living farther north. We pay for Frontline and heartworm pills and a DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheremone) collar for our dog that is frightened of Spring thunderstorms but we only pay during the summer.

Fleas don't like snow.

Frontline sucks. Take it from me and also my brother who is a Vet.

Get Advantage - works much better.

And that crap they sell in Wal-Mart (Harts i think it called), is downright toxic for animals.

Frontline sucks. Take it from me and also my brother who is a Vet.

Interesting; we've had great luck with it on our two dogs.

And that crap they sell in Wal-Mart (Harts i think it called), is downright toxic for animals.

Harts is one company that makes it; you have to watch the labels, and read the active ingredients. Anything that's not for use on cats I wouldn't use in a house that has cats.

-Kevin

Back